Other Dimension (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

"Where's Oona," Olympia wondered as she strolled into the lab one morning.

"I don't know. She said something about, "that's the answer," and then she ran off," Otis responded.

"But how are we supposed to find the gadget we need," Olympia questioned.

"Isn't that it?" Otis pointed to a white object hanging on the wall.

"Oh yeah! Nice one, partner," she beamed, but she was struggling to reach the item as she stood on her tippy-toes. "How did Oona even get up there?" She was straining her neck to look upwards.

"Don't worry, I've got this," Otis claimed.

"Otis be careful of the-"

Just then they were zapped and there were a bunch of crazy, colorful lights in a spiral that sucked them in. When they finally recovered they realized that they were still in the lab.

"That was weird. That gadget didn't even do anything. We're still in the lab," Otis noted.

"Better question, where is everyone," Olympia hesitantly asked. Otis followed her gaze, jerking to the side slightly in shock with his arms stuck behind his back. All they could see were random exercise equipment dotted along headquarters.

"Wait, didn't Oona say something about pink exercise equipment when she got stuck in that other dimension yesterday," Otis asked.

"Ugh! And we haven't gotten the chance read her memoir yet. She hasn't had time to get it ready to be published," Olympia spoke.

"What are you saying," Otis questioned.

"I'm saying that we might be trapped here... forever."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, this is Odd Squad. We never give up. Besides, I'm the one that said that when we got trapped in the different future, but we got out of that. If we can defeat Odd Todd, we can defeat anyone," he vowed.

"I guess you're right. It's just where do we start? I'm used to there being something to go on," Olympia admitted.

"How about we try out some of the gadgets?"

"But Oona said they work different here, than in our world," Olympia remembered.

"Yes, but they must follow a pattern. Didn't Oona say that's why it took her so long to figure it out?"

"Oh yeah..." Just then Olympia jumped a little when Otis zapped a random gadget.

"Huh, that must be the Garlicbread-Inator," he observed.

"Looks like we've found our supply of food," she added, him shooting her a weak smile.

It was a few days later, and Olympia was running on a treadmill next to the lab. "You found anything yet?"

"I've got nothing," Otis admitted as he pulled on his hair, his elbow leaned against the counter.

"Hey, maybe exercise will help." She grinned widely as he trudged over to a stepping machine, with two poles to hold onto for your hands.

"I just don't get it. The pattern should be easy. Oona said once she figured it out the solution was simple."

Olympia nodded her head some as she kept her steady pace.

"Man, this does get your blood pumping. Maybe it will help me think better," Otis said.

"At least we'll be healthier," Olympia happily chirped.