Delicate (Otis x Olympia)

(Otis x Olympia)

It had been a rough week for Otis, rumors were circling around worse than ever about him. It didn't help when the X's were determined, that he was in on the recent villain outbreaks. A lot of agents had heard the story of him not attending the academy as well, but he never commented on whether it was true or not. It was true he hadn't gone to the official Odd Squad school, but he was as much of an agent as the rest of them. The only person who hadn't seemed to treat him differently lately was Olympia, who he didn't see as he rounded a corner in the hall of doors. 

"Hey, Otis," his partner piped up, a huge smile across her face. 

Otis barely glanced up at her though, still deciding to focus on the tops of his red sneakers. 

"Hey, Olympia," he muttered, his arms were now locked behind his back, a habit of his. 

"What's wrong," she wondered, him able to hear the concern laced into her voice. 

"Nothing," he claimed, looking up to try to convince her. 

All she did though was cross her arms, and narrowed her eyes at him, obviously not believing his lie. 

"Does it have to do with the rumors," she questioned, him barely nodding his head. 

"Come on, I want to show you something," she beamed, grabbing one of his hands from behind his back, causing him to blush. 

He hoped she hadn't noticed, especially since that was another rumor, that the two of them were in love. They were just partners though, maybe more like friends, right? 

"Close your eyes! I want it to be a surprise," Olympia exclaimed, the cheeriness never leaving her voice. 

Otis sighed as he closed his eyes, responding, "I don't like new things, or surprises much..." 

"Lighten up, Otis! You said you didn't like gum either, but you were wrong about that," she pointed out.

"I only like bubble gum now though," Otis defended, Olympia merely smiling at what he said. 

"Here we are! You can open your eyes now," she announced. 

Otis blinked a few times as he gazed at the door with red, blue, yellow, green, and orange balls on the front of it, which resembled the ones from the ball pit. 

"It's a door," he stated. 

"Otis, we're in the hall of doors, which means it has something special behind it," she explained. 

"I know that! But it just looks like a door that leads to the ball pit, or something," Otis observed. 

He wasn't good about doing research, on anything really. 

"Well, you're wrong. It's... the Ball Room," she announced, pushing open the door to reveal a couple dancing together. 

"I know you like dancing, so I thought this could take your mind off things," she told him, Otis staring into the bright room in awe. 

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out," he nodded, not losing his usual, serious act. 

Olympia smiled widely as she led him out off to the side of the floor, since the other dancers were in the middle. 

"You know how to waltz, right," Olympia double checked. 

"Yeah," Otis hesitantly answered. 

"Good, 'cause I know how to do that couple dance," Olympia clarified, although her cheeks heated up after that.