Chapter 22- Bringing Back God

"Th-this is exhausting..."

Edona fell onto the ground as she desperately stared at the large platform. It had been over a week now that she had arrived and had been working tirelessly to figure out how to make this artifact work. Even though she placed all her energy and time into it, nothing had worked out leaving her in a state of defeat. What was worse, were her limitations on her powers.

Asobi had kindly teleported her to the land of Tyr, however, he had placed her in the one place in all of Tyr that would negate almost any skill she would try to use, The Darken Province.

This place had very little information known to the rest of the world. This was not due to the fact that the inhabitants were particularly segregated or such. It was because the land itself was a made of a substance that would negate particularly magic and even some physical skills. Due to this, the population of this nation heavily relied on powerful weaponry and specific physical skills to use. They had no fear of an outside force ever trying to come and invade, since anyone entering this land would immediately become an average person.

Despite the fact that Edona was a God, her powers became limited in this land. There was very little she could do, and because of that, her efforts to bring back the Hero Kami were being slowed.

"W-why would he teleport me here...d-did he accidentally place me here or was it on purpose..."

Edona sighed as she reached into her jacket and pulled a small electronic device. She tried turning it on with no response from the object. She couldn't exactly explain what this small apparatus but the mortal who had given it to her described it as a 'video game'. At the time she had received this from him it had been working perfectly. Over the course of time it had run out, the last time she remembered was receiving a small notification saying "Batter low" which she couldn't understand what that meant. After that, it had broken down, never to be used again. Edona kept it around now only as a memento of her long-gone friend, that and her jacket, only seeking comfort from its memories when things looked down.

Her fingers twirled around the screen hoping to get one last glimpse of its bright light illuminating but it remained empty as per usual. She sighed and adjusted her glasses back in place as she stood from the ground and leaned on the platform.

"Can the others in Celestia even hear me while I'm here? N-no, it's fine I don't want to go back yet. I have to keep trying..."

The light of the day making its way through the remaining ruins began dimming as the day carried on. She curiously stared and poked at every single magical glyph engraved in the platform. Her mana consistently draining as she channeled all her strength into it trying to find the right order in which to activate it, or even have it react a little. Hour went by before once more she fell to the ground, exhausted from having her energy drained.

"O-okay if I do this and it doesn't work... I'm out of options..."

Luckily, whatever energy had allowed these Gateways to work when Kami had been teleported was still lingering, meaning that if she could just use enough energy and set off the glyphs on the right order, she could potentially drag him back from wherever he was supposed to go before he landed on that time. She dragged herself off the platform before raised her palm and striking down on the platform.

The stage gave off a light glow, barely activating before it turned off.

Edona breathed heavily, having wasted the last bit of her mana activating the glyphs ancient magic.

"F-fail...again..."

Before she could hit the ground again, the stage lit up once more, this time with a more intense glow. Her eyes lit up as she stopped herself from collapsing and started running towards the opposite side of the platform.