Chapter 59- Prowling

"What am I starring at? Why am I acting like this? Get a hold of yourself this is to intel on what he's hiding? He's bound to slip up, I know he will! Ngh...then again, he's on his All-Powerful state; perhaps it will not be so simple."

Sayu glanced nervously behind a tree, hoping to catch a glimpse of Kami's whereabouts. He had gone off, near the riverside under the excuse of needing to freshen up. She immediately had tailed him, making sure she kepted her distance far enough for her to not be noticed. Part of her expected him to go elsewhere proving to herself that he indeed was hiding something but he seemed to be telling the truth.

Although he was far away for her to not be able to fully see his figure, she was close enough to see that he was indeed by the river, only sitting by the side silently without moving so much as a muscle.

"Just because he's here doesn't prove anything! He had said he wanted to shower, and clearly that's not what's happening! Perhaps he will soon..."

She flinched at the thought and turned her attention away from Kami as she slid down, her back against the tree and groaned onto the ground.

"What's happening to me...ugh..."

It had been several weeks since Kami had said that they would patiently wait here until his work was down elsewhere. At the time, it just seemed like something he said out of a whim, perhaps with a different meaning to it, but so far, it had been very straightforward. They were still here after such a period of time without so much as moving far off the secluded village of Beast Tamers.

During that time she had spend every waking moment possible attempting to decypher that exactly Kami was keeping from her. At first, she had tried nagging but when she saw that brought little to no results, she had decided to take different approaches.

At first, it had been simple trailing missions where she followed an oblivious Kami around without his noticing. Besides aimlessly talking to the folk from the village and occasionally having some friendly time with Hiromichi and Tanaya, there was very little else he did. She tried escalating from there, and had snuck through his temporary room looking through his stuff for any signs of his decit with no avail. It only got worse from there.

For example, at some point she had taken Kami's game handheld hostage, which had brought Kami down to his knees as she slowly cracked on the screen of the small apparatus. He had begged with great sadness about his hundreds of hours lost at the time, and even Hiromichi had joined in on the display of pain when he learned his own save file would be gone forever. He ended up not revealing anything, which only got her more frustrated. Within the hour, he had fixed the game and was playing happily with a more than friendlier Hiromichi.

She felt guilty afterwards, and deescalated the situation back to simply trailing behind. When he wasn't spending time with Tanaya, Hiromichi, and her, she followed him around like a spy.

It didn't help that in her mind, Kami was trying to throw her off his scent. Everytime she did something to try and get closer to the truth, he would go off and do something like he had done when he suddendly wrapped his arms around her.

A few days ago she had pestered him nonstop about information on what was going on to the rest of Tyr. At some point, Kami grew wary of her questions and had cornered her near the villages end, where they had nearly done something Sayu would only consider lovers to do.

"He almost k-kissed me right?! H-how determined is he to keep me away from the truth? Will he really go that far? It'll take more than small mortal actions of affection to sway me from finding out."