Chapter 99- Update

Thief felt a cold sweat break as Sayu turned around to face them. There was something wrong with the way she had acted before, but she couldn't see a trace of Sayu's sudden panic.

Hiromichi, being denser, only sighed and grinned from ear to ear letting out a howling screech. "Hell yeah! Guess that's the end of that asshole, shit...still."

Sayu swayed back and forth for a bit, but eventually returned a kind smile at Thief, ignoring Hiromichi's presence.

This should have brought some comfort to her, but it only made her body shiver, there was definitely something off.

"I mean you acted like a psycho there Sayu but I get it. That guy killed Kami after all." Hiromichi gritted his teeth and closed his eyes. "Fuck what are we gonna do about that? Do gods come back if they're killed or something, this is fucked."

Sayu sighed and shook her head, her face showing signs of pain from being reminded about Kami.

Thief however was particularly good when it came to deceiving people. There was a subtle indifference with her expression, like she wanted to be seen in pain. She clearly wasn't the most adept at acting.

"Sayu, is everything okay?"

"I'm just not sure what to do..." her face delivered an agonizing look. "Thief."

"Y-yeah?"

"Would it be possible to transfer the other two passives over to me?"

"Think we should worry about something else before-"

"It's important, after all its...the last bit of Kami I can have to myself." she replied almost instantly.

Thief shivered once again, solidifying her doubt. Hiromichi might have been an idiot and not realized what was happening, but there had been a distinct change in Sayu when she had transferred over the passive over to her. The talk she had with that one guy called God brought a fear forth. It was entirely possible that these passives were not supposed to be toggled for a reason. Somehow though Sayu had managed to activate it, and it was making her act out of place. If she handed over the other two passives, what would they do to her?

She gulped but offer a feeble yet kind smile in return. "Y-yes. It makes sense you being Kami's closest friend and all, ku ku."

Sayu's face twisted for a bit, like an internal struggle, but she quickly shook it off and continued to stare at her. "When you're ready."

"Tch, what the hell are you two discussing, we should be thinking of what to do about the Kami situation! Listen if we can get back to where Himari is, maybe she picked up Kami's resurrection skills or something, we gotta try something!" he barked.

It was obvious that there was a tense air around them, but Hiromichi was in his own little world. Thief carefully walked over to Sayu, acknowledging that a bad move could set her off. A thousand thoughts raced through her mind as she slowly inched closer.

There was really something off. Sayu wasn't generally the most emotional person, her expression was usually dignified and of someone you would think of higher class, but right now despite her front, she could tell there was an empty and indifferent feel somewhere in her personality. You could say it was Kami had just died, but it was more believe to think she would be in pain and distraught, even angry.

"Sayu..." Thief murmured

"What is it?"

"We...we're friends right..."

It looked like Sayu stood there silently thinking about it before saying, "Yeah, we are.".

"Friends look out for each other, a-and I really never had too many of them,s-so you're going to have to forgive me."