F O R T Y - O N E

"So he cried?"
"Well yea. You know how he is."
"And you haven't checked up on him?" Jocelyn showed worry in her voice.
"He's a grown man. If he's old enough to fuck random hoes, he's old enough to man up."
"But you don't know what he could do to himself."
"I'm telling you he's fine."
"Just be careful. At least fix the situation. Say your apologies and move on."
"It's not that easy. He cheated on me Jocelyn!"
"And you made him cry kilani!"
I sighed. "Okay..And? He made me cry too."
"He's Jahseh though."
"Okay okay."
"I'm going to sleep. You better fix this."
"I wiiilll! Goodnight."
"Goodnight."

———————

I huffed and tip toed out of Jamal's room. Jahseh's room was about 2 doors down.

It had been almost 4 hours since I had left him in his room. I heard him sob for about 10 minutes then silence so I had guessed he went to sleep.

I opened his door slowly. His light was still on. I stuck my head in and saw that he wasn't in his bed.

"Jahseh?" I whisper-yelled.

I opened the door wider and saw that he was in the same spot, still crying.

Fuck..did I hurt him that bad?

"Jah..Cmon stop crying." I got on my knees next to him.

"I-I can't. I-I really f-fucked up.." He sniffled.

It broke my heart seeing him cry this much..and over me?

"Please understand t-that I never wanted t-to hurt you. I had n-nothing but love f-for you. I 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 nothing but love for you." He mumbled into his hands.

Y'all know how people get after crying so much and Y'all know Jah stuttered a lot 🙄

"I'm sorry Jahseh." I sighed deeply.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him up gently. His eyes were red and puffy. I mentally cursed myself for putting him in so much pain for the sake of my own feelings.

"Just leave me here.." he said with an unsteady voice.

"No, get up." I pulled him again. "You have to sleep on your bed, not on the floor."

"Our bed.." He mumbled.

I sighed again. "Jahseh.. just..get up, c'mon." He finally got up and walked over to the bed, sitting down on the edge.

He threw himself back. "Okay..I'm in bed.."

"Take off your shoes. You can't be comfortable like that."

"I don't care." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and kneeled down and took off his shoes. I stood back up and pulled on his arms. "Take off your shirt and jeans. I know that's not comfortable for you."

He slowly did it and threw them aside. He stared at me for a little and looked back down, a tear falling out.

I kissed my teeth. "Jah stop crying.." I hugged him.

"I-I'm sorry.." he sobbed onto my shoulder.

"Stop apologizing. Get in bed." I pulled back the cover and waited for him to get under.