N I N E T Y - S E V E N

"FUCK!" I shouted as i brushed my teeth for the 19th time today. I threw up again. What the fuck is wrong with me? If im not pregnant, what the fuck is this?!?

Am I dying?

"Baby you okay? Whats wrong?!" Jahseh asked worryingly. He darted to my side and rubbed my back.

"Im fine."

He shook his head. "No, you're not. What the hell is going on? You've been acting weird all month."

"Just leave me alone right now, Jah. Im not in the mood."

He yanked my arm back as i tried to walk away. "Kilani, stop pushing me away! Talk to me, please."

"I'm fine. Let me go."

He shook his head and threw me over his shoulder. He walked out of the bathroom and passed by Jamal's empty room since he was out playing with Leo in the living room. He threw me onto our bed and pinned me down. "Look at me and tell me whats wrong."

"Im just feeling sick Jahseh. I fucking hate it." I sniffled.

He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. "Just talk to me baby. How bout I take you to the doctor, hmm?"

I nodded.

"Okay. Its settled. I'll book an appointment and we'll go in the morning. Come on." He lifted me back and held me tight as we walked back downstairs.

"Go and get it Jamal!" Leo cheered.

I sighed as i saw what they're playing with. "Jesus christ. Jahseh why are they playing with a rolled up ball of aluminum foil?"

He shrugged. "I got lazy."

Leo chuckled. "Aight ready set HUT!" He said as he threw it to Jamal.

Jamal almost caught it but tripped over the carpet. Little man didn't cry though. He got back up and ran over to the ball and threw it back.

Aww. I wanna cry now.

Knock knock

Jahseh went to go see who was at the door while I stayed and admired Jamal. "You got a girlfriend yet, Leo?"

"Nah but I got enough clout on me that these hoes keep trying."

"Bo- sit down somewhere." I laughed.

"Kilani, Leo, take Jamal upstairs now." Jah said coming back into the living room as the knocks got louder.

"Why?"

"Just trust me. Go. Now."

I carried Jamal on my hip and and ran upstairs with Leo behind. I went into our room and laid Jamal down on the bed. Leo sat next to Jamal. "Take care of him."

"Wait! Jahseh said to come upstairs. Don't go back down!"

"Hush. Take care of Jamal." I tiptoed downstairs to listen.

I heard him sigh and open the door.

"Hey baby boy! So I need some money." I heard a female say.

"What makes you think I'd give you money? Are you insane? How the fuck do you know where I live?"

"Don't act like that with me. You don't gotta put up an act. I know your bitch aint here. Her car aint in the driveway."

"What fuckin act, Geneva? You're fuckin crazy. You know what I got wit my girl, real. You never fuckin gave a shit bout me, bro. If you did, you'd know that me being around you, would give me a new charge."