O N E H U N D R E D - F I V E

"I aint mad though." Jah mumbled, playing with Jamals hair as he slept on Jah's lap.

"You seem mad. You keep talkin about it." I squinted my eyes.

"What am I supposed to say? Momma raised a soldier, not no bitch."

I laughed.

He smiled at me and sipped on his wine. "You so beautiful, ma."

I rolled my eyes. "Im not feeling these braids no more. I look psycho. I need to look li-"

"Kila stop talking."

"Nigga whet?!" I said with an accent. "I need to get my hair did!"

"Why dont you jus go natural for a while. You so beautiful, yet you choose to hide yo hair."

"Cause, Jah, I dont like my hair."

He pouted. "BABY PPLLEEAAASSSEEE!"

I laughed again. "Jah stop drinking wine."

"Go natural for me."

I started unraveling my red braids. "Only for a while." I smirked at him.

His phone dinged, taking his attention. His smile faded. "What the fuck."

I sat up. "What?"

"Yo, lil peep just died.."

I kissed my teeth and shook my head. "Nah..he just had a birthday. You for real?"

I didnt really know him, but ive heard his music. He was respected in this household. I would've never thought...

He nodded and showed me his phone.

"Emo star, lil peep, pronounced dead at age 21 from a drug overdose." I felt that pain in my heart. "Nobody should die that young."

We kinda just sat there, not really knowing what to do..

So we did the only logical thing.

-blast his music all day to remember him.

"I remember when you used to hold my hand. Now you actin' like a ghost, girl. Live forever with a smile stuck on your face. You think he know you, but I know you the most, girl."

....

"We gon start a whole new wave and a whole new movement called fuck Xanax. If i see anyone post them doing xanax online, you're fucking stupid. If you promote drug use and you promote Xanax after lil peep died, you're fucking stupid. Stop doing Xanax 2017." Jah said into his camera.

"Yo pump better lay off it too. We still care for that nigga." I added, sighing sadly.

"Call him."

I nodded and dialed his phone number. "Hey gazz."

"Hey Kila. Whats up?"

"So X and I know you heard about lil peeps death...um. We just wanted to talk to you for a bit." I said as I placed the phone on facetime.

Jah parked the car and listened.

"I know what y'all bouta say. Trust me, I'm good."

"Gazzy, we just want to make sure you good with everything. You know you can always count on us. You need anything, dial either me or Kila. We cant lose you. I understand that emotional problems could get the best of you sometimes bruh, but think about the scenarios that could happen. We dont want to lose you."

"I know we dont always talk and we've had a rough past, but we're always going to be here, regardless, of anything going on." I added.

"You dont need to be doing all these drugs for anything man. What is real will prosper."