O N E H U N D R E D * T W E N T Y - N I N E

"And then Jahseh tried to call me to explain for stoke too." Kat rolled her eyes as she rocked Amoy's carrier.

"Those niggas would die for each other but not for us." I drank my coffee. "Heres some huevo, bubba." I gave Jamal a piece of my egg from my breakfast sandwich.

He happily ate some as he played with his car and rubbed Ayvatar's head.

Luckily, we stopped at this resturaunt early in the morning. There's barely anybody here. They let me bring in Ayvatar inside since they're manager wasn't here yet.

Yes, I took my dog too. I know Jahseh would've taken care of him just fine, but Jamal is attached to our animals, so... Yeah.. I know this is impacting him too.

Part of me is happy that hes still young. He doesn't really understand what's going on.

We still need 5 more hours til we get to New York. We're staying with Kat's cousin.

I don't think I've ever acknowledged how Kat and Jahseh are related because technically they're cousins, but by marriage. Kat and Jahseh aren't related by blood, but she close to Cleo so they're considered family no matter what.

So this cousin we're gonna go to isn't related to Jahseh, which makes me happy. I don't need someone to snitch on where we are.

I have no doubt in my mind that Jahseh will come look for us.

I also don't have my phone. I left it with Jahseh. Hopefully Geneva gets caught because I know she was in my fucking house.

Kat's phone rung. She groaned.

"Ski again?"

She shook her head. "This time its Jahseh."

I held my hand out and she put her phone in it. I swiped answer. "Kat, pass me Kilani." He asked off screen.

"Its me."

I heard him shuffle around and his dreads popped onto the screen. "Mama, are you okay? Wheres Jamal?"

I nodded. "I'm okay. Jamals eating." I held the camera to show Jamal. "Bubba say hi."

He squealed at Jahseh's dreads. He already recognized him. "Dada!!"

Jahseh sniffled. "Hey munch. What're eating?"

"Huevo." He tried to say. He smiled at the camera and held up his car. "Vrooommm!"

"Munch."

Jamal kept making car noises.

"Jamal, listen to me. I love you."

"Lubb yoouu." He cheesed and leaned up to kiss the camera.

"You gon behave with your momma, right?"

He nodded. "Baba!"

"Yes, protect your baby sister too." He dropped his phone. "Shit.."

I pulled the camera back to me. "Are you okay?"

"Do you mean mentally or physically?" His face showed for a split second as he picked up the phone.

But I saw his eyes. He looked tired and emotionally drained. Its not his fault he does what he does.

Okay, I sound stupid. It is his fault. He chose to do it.

"Is ski with you? Is anyone with you?"

He shook his head. "I'm alone. I've always been alone."

"Jahseh don't start with that bullshit, bruh. I would still be by your side if your ass didn't cheat. I'm not saying blame yourself, but your decisions really make no fucking sense."