O N E H U N D R E D * T H I R T Y - O N E

"He turned 20 today." I sighed. "I wasn't there."

"Don't feel bad, Kila. He knows you'd be there if you guys were still together. Right now, you guys are taking a break."

"I should at least call him and say happy birthday."

"Later. Once we get our phones, first thing you can do is call him. I'm sure he wants to see Jamal."

"NAH YOU DUMB. YOU DUMB!" A girl shouted as we passed by.

"Ah, I missed New York."

I smiled at her and shook my head. "Honestly, the city is different from what I expected."

"What'd you expect?" She side eyed me jokingly as she drove.

"People blasting 6ix9ine and Nicki Minaj as the self-proclaimed King and Queen of New York."

"Wanna piss people off? Play NBAYoungBoy. SHIT STRAIGHT TRASH!"

I laughed.

"I thought NBA stood for National Basketball Association. Shit is Never Broke Again. Yo that nigga got 5 kids and he twenty."

"Shits tough, but aye at least mans is making enough money to raise his kids." I shrugged. I turned over in my seat and tried to peek over Jamal's car seat.

"Hes still asleep." Matteo chuckled. "He fell asleep clutching that stitch blanket. And Kat, your daughter waking up."

She sighed, happily. "Good, it's time for her bottle anyways." Kat pulled into the parking lot of the mall.

"Yo shes staring at me."

"Make her laugh."

Matteo made a funny face and Amoy busted out crying.

"BITCH YOU TOO UGLY." Kat huffed.

I laughed and got off the car. "Bruh you so mean." I opened the back door and carefully picked up Jamal.

"Fuck you!" Matteo flipped Kat off, chuckling.

I shook my head. "Lets goooo!"

Matteo jumped off the car and looked me over. "You don't want my jacket? I got another one and its cold."

I covered Jamal in my own since we didn't really need winter wear back in Florida. So I wrapped him in my jacket and a blanket to keep him warm. Thats why we're shopping at the mall, to get the things we need.

Its alright. My baby was smiling in the warmth.

I was cold though. Hes just being nice.

"You sure?" I asked.

"I've been living in this city my whole life. I'm used to the weather. I'm sure." He chuckled.

"Thank you."

He carried Jamal and handed me the jacket.

I slipped it on. "You alright with carrying him?"

He nodded. "Of course. I got him."

"Hi mamas!" Kat cheesed at Amoy. "We're gonna buy you some comfy clothes, okay? Imma need you to cooperate with mama, okay?"

"Lets go insiiddeee!" I whined. "Seventy-five hunnid on a Saint Laurent jacket. Bitch, be careful where you dumpin' your ashes." I sung as I stepped inside. "Damn, this place huge."

"Bitch, imma buy so much shit." Kat huffed. "Yuuurrr!"

I giggled and walked beside Matteo. "Ayvatar goin be fine right?" I asked.