S E V E N T Y - S I X

"Punch like this." Billie showed Jamal.

He did it and punched down the stitch plush. We cheered and he giggled. He began kicking the stitch.

Literally full on beating the fuck outta it.

We were in our room. Billie and Jamal were on the floor. Jahseh was laying on his back in the bed. I was too but my feet were rested on his chest.

I couldn't stop laughing.

"He finna be like us." Jahseh shook his head chuckling.

"What'd y'all expect? He's surrounded by fighters." Billie rolled her eyes.

𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘨 !

I picked up my phone and my smile immediately faded. Nick had sent me a message.

𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘮𝘢 '𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦.

"Baby?" Jah rubbed my feet.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. Nick said he passed by momma's house and saw a bunch of police cars." I took a deep breath. "We have to go." I jumped off the bed and slid on some slides.

Jah carried Jamal and Billie followed after me.

I grabbed my keys and unlocked my car, jumping in. "Please god..tell me she's okay." I mumbled to myself in a silent prayer.

They got in and I started the car, driving off.

....

I parked the car a few blocks away.

"Why so far?" Billie asked confused.

"I have a restraining order against Noah." I sighed and turned off the car. I got out and picked up Jamal, passing him to Jahseh.

Jamal was just wearing a diaper and a shirt. We didn't think we'd be out today.

"What about it?" Jah furrowed his brows.

"He's the neighbor."

His eyes widened and his jaw clenched.

"Please don't do anything." I begged. "We're just here to talk to the police and ask if my grandma's Okay."

"I can see the flashing lights from here.."

"Look! There's Nick!" I ran to him and gave him a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Kilani." He sobbed.

"Why? What happened? Where is she?"

He didn't answer me so I turned to a cop. "Sir! Where's my grandmother?! This is her house!"

"Miss we're gonna need you to step back, please."

"No! Tell me where the fuck my grandma's at!" I yelled out in fury.

He pushed me back.

"Aye nigga don't ever put yo' hands on my girl like that. I'll knock ya' puss' ass out. Don't fuckin' play wit' me." Jah grabbed my waist and held me back.

Billie walked up to me. "Stand back. I'll go talk to them and ask what's going on."

I nodded and turned to Jahseh. I was already hyperventilating.

He hugged me. "It's okay, ma. Calm down..breath."

I took slow deep breaths.

I looked over Jahseh's shoulder and noticed Noah standing outside his house looking over at me with sympathy.

He looked at his feet and walked back inside.

Jahseh pulled away from the hug and stared into my eyes. "Everything will be okay.."

"What if it's not?"

"We'll be here for you. We'll help heal you."

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder, Jamal rested his head on my shoulder since I'm carrying him.

"I just want her to call my phone and tell me she's fine. That she just went out of town without telling anybody cause she forgot."

Billie came back...crying..

No..

She couldn't say anything. She just walked towards me and hugged me.

I already knew..

I sobbed into her shoulder. "Please...tell me she's okay."

She pulled away. "They found her body in her house...just laying on her bed." She took a deep breath. "She overdosed. They're saying s-she committed suicide."

"She wouldn't do that! She was missing! She wouldn't leave me! We were just getting good again...Billie please..tell me it's a sick joke!"

She shook her head. "I'm so so sorry.." She hugged me tightly.

"Nah! Everybody always doing this shit to me!" I pushed away. "My dad, my momma, and now my grandma? She was the only person I had left! Ion have anymore family!"

"Miss! Vacate the premises. Or we're going to have to take you into custody."

I groaned and just walked back to my car.

Fuck this shit. Why does shit like this have to happen to me? I wouldn't wish this on anyone but it fucking hurts knowing someone you love, leaves.

I don't wanna believe she committed suicide...but what if she did?.. what if I just said something? The last time we talked was when I told her I needed space..

She had just told me my father killed my mother..

What if I hurt her feelings in any way? What if she did this because I hurt her?

I screamed and leaned on my door. "FUCK!"

I heard shuffling then I felt someone pull me away.

"She's gone...it's all my fault."

Jah pushed me into him and kept me in a hug. "I know you're hurting, I know you're feeling guilt over everything that has happened between y'alls relationship but this is not your fault."

I sobbed. "Jah she left me..."

He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead. "Cry, you have to cry. It'll hurt more to keep this bottled up." He rested his forehead on mine. "I don't wanna see you broken."