O N E H U N D R E D - F I F T E E N

"And then I want the verse to go soft, you know?"

I nodded, shuffling Jamal's hair as he walked away with the chip back I just opened for him. "Play it."

He clicked on his computer.

"Rain keeps falling, tears keep falling. Rain keeps falling, tears keep falling. Darlin’, your love is like walking in a bed of nails. And I just can't keep on fighting."

He paused it again. "So I softened my voice to match the beat because I want peep's voice to sound stronger than mine, you know?"

"Jah, that sounds beautiful."

He smiled and pulled me into his lap. "That ones called Falling down. I want you to hear all these songs I have ready. I need to hear your opinion."

"What about that on?" I pointed to one that said, 'Pain= BESTFRIEND'.

"You sure? I scream in this one."

I nodded. "I dont care. I'll enjoy it no matter what. Jah its your music."

He clicked on it and in came the small intro.

"Lost in regret, I..Feel so deeply, I can't seem to, find a means of ground. Lost in regret, I...Feel so deeply, I can't seem to, find a means of ground. Hear, regret
Say the words...Don't cry, don't cry, it won't end. Pain will always be my friend. Don't cry, don't cry. Pain will always be my friend."

I rubbed my hands through his dreads. "I hate that you'll always have those memories of pain."

"I'm slowly forgetting them." He mumbled. He looked up at me. "They're fading away because the only thing I see is my future now. Fuck my past."

I straddled him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"I wanna show you another song." He tapped my thigh, signaling me to get off.

I stood up and so did he. He leaned over to his computer and played a song called, 'Going down!'.

He smirked and grabbed my hand, spinning me around so I could grind on him.

"Oh so we dancing now?" I giggled.

"Going down, it's going down, huh. Going down, it's going down. Oh my God, shawty thick she- Oh my God, yeah, yeah. Oh my God, shawty thick she- Oh my God. Huh, yeah, ayy. Going down, it's going down, hey. Going down, it's going down. Oh my God shawty thick she- Oh my God, yeah, ayy. Oh my God shawty thick she- Oh my God."

I laughed as he lip-synced the song to me.

"Hey, she ride my dick like a biker, huh. I am the shit, need a diaper, huh. Like I'm Lil Yachty, I one night her, uh. I eat the pussy like rice and ay. Knock out your boyfriend, Mike Tyson, ay." The sung cut off and it was just the instrumental.

"I haven't finished it." He cheesed. "But its good, huh."

"Like I'm lil Yachty, I one night her?" I squinted my eyes at him.

"Its a soonnggg!" He whined, hugging me close.

"Mhm." I patted his chest. "Imma go take a shower, okay?"

He kissed my forehead. "Okay. Bring Jamal here."

I nodded and stepped out the room. "BUBBA WHERE YOU AT?"

He came running into my hands. "Mama?"

"You wanna listen to music with daddy?"

He smiled, giving me his response.