chapter 62 - in sickness and in health (christmas)

***A/N explanation a/n at the end please read so you know why its late, i promise i didnt forget about you all!xx***

*Danny*

Orla: *gasp*

Jess: what did you get baby?

Her face was priceless as she held up a new baby doll.

Jess: wow!

Orla: daddy can you open it, please please please?

Danny: yeah, pass it here, go on what else did you get?

She rummaged for another one while I tried to undo the tags and the tape. She was over the moon everytime she opened a present. It was really sweet.

My mum had gone to see Dara while we did presents between us 3. I said she didn’t have to leave but she insisted on giving us some privacy.

I finally undid orla's doll and she played with it, jess was sat next to me and she rested her head on my chest I let my arms hold her close.

Orla: daddy can we give mummy her presents now?

Danny: yeah, go on then you find them…

She rummaged under the tree and I soon finds them.

Jess: awh thank you, these look awesome!

I smile at her and orla hands her one. She undoes the wrapping paper and it reveals 2 packets full of printed photos. I picked her photo album up from behind the sofa, she opened the packet and she flicked through.

Jess: w-ow

He voice cracked at the end, they were all from this year. The change is unbelievable. Ones from last Christmas, New Year’s Eve, comic relief, birthdays and every little thing we did.

She wiped her tears and hugged us both tight,

Jess: thank you, this is perfect you too!

She opened a few more little bits before I cleared up the wrapping paper while orla and jess snuggled on the sofa and watched some Christmas TV.

Danny: right, people are coming over for dinner and presents around 4 its 1 now so im gunna start dinner then how about we watch a film?

She nod and I make them both a hot chocolate cause im a nice person like that *wink*. Jess blew a kiss as I walked into the kitchen and prepped the food.

Danny: JESS? BABE?

Jess: yeah?

I spin round and she wheeled herself into the kitchen,

Danny: um, do I add this stock now? Or cook it a bit first?

Jess: um, add a small amount of water cook it for about 30 minutes then add stock and cook more…

She smiled at me, she loves her cooking.

Danny: thanks babe, wanna help?

She nodded and I pulled her a stool up. She stirred things and added flavour, she was in her element. She yawned as we pushed the turkey into the oven again.

Danny: wanna nap?

Jess: no it’s fine, I haven’t taken my tablets yet… and I need to get ready…

Danny: why haven’t you taken them?

Jess: forgot and haven’t had a chance, its ok as long as I have them…

I gave her a disapproving look and she just smiled. I smile and help her upstairs.

Danny: call me if you need me yeah?