chapter 63 - say we've got enough love

*Jessie*

Im curled up in bed, im knackered. I thought I ached and felt down before but this is 10x worse. It hurts to even move my head. I really think this is it; I don’t think I can hold on much longer. I look worse than ever, it’s a struggle to even swallow let alone breathe.

I hear the door open. I can’t move to look, the bed shifts and I can tell it’s Danny from the way he smells.

Danny: how you feeling?

Jess: s-hi-t

He laid down and spooned me.

Jess: Im sorry

Danny: why babe?

Jess: im not being a good wife, im tearing us apart…

I started to cry and just disintegrate.

Danny: hey, hey, what are you on about… jess I love you and you can’t help that you’re ill…

Jess: but I meant to cook for you, look after you and I can’t even move my head…

I choke through the tears

Danny: jess, we have enough love to keep us together ok, jess I don’t mind about any of that… I like looking after you…

Jess: but it’s not fair on you…

Danny: hey dry those tears…

He rolled me over onto my back and he leaned on one arm. His thumb gently swept over my cheek, I held his hand there and looked at him, and he lent down and pecked my lips.

Danny: but when your better if you feel that bad dinner one night would be nice… *wink*

I try and smile and would have laughed but it hurt too much.

Danny: but the reason I came up…

Jess: don’t say it… I don’t want to go over it again…

Danny: please baby?

Jess: no, Danny I really don’t feel like I have much if any time left-

Danny: that’s why you should go back to the hospital early… I don’t want you to go, I love having you here but I want you hear in the future…

Jess: I don’t want to spend my last few days- hours in some hospital away from everyone!

He looked down.

Danny: if anything gets worse, any signs I don’t care what you say you’re going back ok?

Jess: y-yeah…

He sighed and laid with me a bit before going back downstairs to see what orla and ailish where doing. Its 2 days before New Year’s Eve. Danny’s mum was going to stay for New Year’s but id going to go back tomorrow instead. Which is fair enough she hasn’t seen all them since before Christmas.

I pick my phone up and send holly and Clair a text,

Text,

Hey I was wondering if you could pop over at some point. Please?  I have something to ask you… love you, jess xxx

Holly soon replied

From holly,

Sure babe, everything ok? Be over in about 30 minutes or so? Love you hols xxxxxxx

Reply

Kind of… I’ll tell you soon xxxxxxx

Clair hasn’t replied, must be busy… I put my phone down and call dan. He soon appears and helps me down stairs.