To Hell And Back...: Part 2

Dean POV

Sam and I had been booking it down the street and as we tried to circle back around to the Impala a hell hound nearly took our legs out from under us as it ran by, it didn't even stop to look at us no less try and rip us apart.

That was weird, we both knew that but we only acknowledged it when we got in the car and locked the doors.

"What the hell was that? These things aren't acting like hell hounds at all, first they don't attack us when they first see us and now they just run right past us!? What the hell man!?" I exclaimed as Sam sat in the passengers seat.

"I don't know, dude. But we have to find Jae and Cas, they're the ones who could be ripped to shreds." He said.

I nodded and started the car, speeding off as we searched the streets and buildings for them, but we couldn't find them anywhere.

We hadn't tried to call Jae or Cas because if they were in a place where they were safe then any noise could put them in danger again, so we waited for them to call us.

Sam rolled down his window and scanned the trees down by the Country Club with his flashlight, but we couldn't see or hear them or any hell hounds.

"Maybe they went inside the Country Club." I said.

"Maybe, why?" Sam asked as he kept looking through the trees.

"I mean look at it, it's like a fortress, there's enough space in there to put up a fight and I bet there's places to barricade yourself inside." I said.

Sam shook his head, "There's too many windows, too many places for the hell hounds to get in." He said.

I shrugged, "Still, there's plenty of places to hide in there." I said.

"You wanna check?" Sam asked.

I nodded and pulled up out front of the Lake Shore Country Club.

We got out and walked to the front doors, they were locked tight.

"Window?" Sam asked as he looked over at me.

"Window." I said, taking out my switchblade and using it to unhook the latch to a window next to the front doors.

I slid it open just to have it stop dead, only open a few inches.

I reached my arm under the window and up into the inside, a wooden stick was put against the top of the windowsill and the top of the window itself, only allowing it to open so much.

I couldn't reach the stick and Sam raised an eyebrow a me, "Need some help?" He chuckled.

I looked at him, a little annoyed and frustrated.

"Alright, long arms, you try it." I said, annoyed.

Sam stepped forward and reached under the window and inside, maneuvering the stick out of the corner of the windowsill and throwing it on the floor inside.

He looked back at me with a smirk. I rolled his eyes.

"Shut up." I groaned as I pushed past him and opened the window the rest of the way, stepping inside and Sam followed.

As we stepped into the dark building there was no sound of any hell hounds or people.

We walked forward and stopped as we heard whispering from a door to our right.

I pulled my pistol and Sam pulled his. Sam stood to the side of the door and put a hand on the door handle, testing slightly and seeing it was locked as the whispering continued.