I'm Terrified...: Part 6

Cas POV

Sam had seen Jae walking out of the hotel room the agent we were after was staying at this morning through the cameras set up in the hotel after Dean left and he'd gone to get a drink.

I hadn't seen him since but when he left he seemed close to tears.

Dean came through the motel door as I sat waiting for Sam or him to show up.

He looked urgent.

"Cas, where's Sam?" Dean asked hurriedly.

"He went out for a drink a few hours ago, he saw Jae coming out of the agents room this morning." I said.

"Shit." Dean cursed.

"Come on Cas, we have to go get him, I think I know what's wrong with Jae." Dean said.

I got up and followed him out to the Impala quickly.

He sped off to the bar Sam had gone to, the one Jae didn't work at, and parked, running inside.

Sam was sitting at the bar, his head down on the counter as he closed his eyes, drunk.

The bartender looked up at us, recognizing us as his friends from the last time we came.

"Im glad you came to get him, he's been ready to drink himself to death." The bartender said sadly.

"Thank you for keeping him from doing that." I said to him as Dean grabbed Sam's arm.

The bartender looked at me a little confused and nodded.

"Sure." He said and turned away from us to serve someone else.

"Sam, come on. I know something about Jae." Dean said as he put a hand on his shoulder, making him sit up and look at him.

Sam groaned and shook his head, he had tear stains on his cheeks.

"What? That she slept with someone else?" Sam spat, his words slurred and slow in his drunken state.

Dean shook his head, looking around and taking Sam's arm as he tried to pull him to his feet.

Sam shoved him away, "Dean, just stop trying to fix this. She doesn't love me... She never really did." He said as more tears came to his eyes and he put his head back on the counter.

Dean looked at me, "Help me with this will you?" He asked, frustrated as he looked my way.

I nodded and stepped forward, putting two fingers on Sam's forehead as Dean took one of Sam's arms.

Sam fell unconscious against the bar counter and Dean grunted as he slid against him, out cold in his arms.

"Cas, that wasn't what I meant." Dean grunted as he pushed Sam back up to sit in his barstool.

"I can carry him." I said and put one of his arms over my shoulders, standing up easily as I took him with me.

Dean shrugged, "That'll work." He said and opened the door for me as I carried Sam out to the Impala, laying him in the back seat.

Dean drove him back to our motel room and I carried him inside, laying him on his bed.

Dean nodded, "Now wake him up." Dean said.

I put my fingers on his head again and he opened his eyes, looking around at us and groaning, rolling over and off the bed, hitting the floor hard as Dean helped him up.

"Dean, leave me alone." Sam said as he pushed off of Dean and walked toward the door. He only made it half way to it when he hunched over and threw up on the floor.