I'll Fix This...: Part 4

Sam POV

I sat at a bench looking over a beautiful lake with Jae, her hand in mine as we looked out on the water.

"Sam..." She said softly.

I looked over at her, "Yeah?" I asked softly.

"You have to stay." She said.

"What? What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You can't leave yet, it's not time to go." She said.

"Leave where?" I asked.

"Life, you can't leave the world of the living yet, Sam." She said softly.

I stared at her, "But Jae, I-" She put a hand to my face gently, stopping me from talking with the look she gave me, one of understanding and soft kindness.

"I know you miss me, Sam... But you made a promise." She said.

I looked into her eyes, tears coming to mine.

"Jae, I just want to see you." I said.

She nodded softly, leaning forward and kissing me gently on the cheek.

"I know, but I'll see you in time, just be patient, and keep living." She said softly.

I looked at her, nodding softly.

"Will you stay for me?" She asked.

I nodded, tears slowly rolling down my cheeks as I felt my heart break inside my chest, she didn't want me to die, not yet.

"I will." I whispered.

She smiled softly at me, "I love you." She whispered.

She kissed me on the lips so tenderly I hardly felt it and then I woke up.

Dean POV

Sam was stable, asleep on the bed in his room at the ICU. I sat beside him, waiting for him to wake up.

A few hours passed and he finally opened his eyes, looking over at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He nodded softly, looking up at the ceiling.

"Good, cause I'm going to kill you." I said angrily, standing and looking down at him.

He sat up slowly, sitting on the edge of his bed, the nurse who came in earlier said he was good to move around so I wasn't worried.

"What the hell were you thinking!?" I shouted at him angrily.

He shook his head slowly and looked at the floor.

"You don't know how I feel, Dean." He said softly.

"Oh yeah!? You don't think I miss her everyday!? Sam, I can't even go a second without missing her! She was the one person who could look at me and truly see me without saying a word, who could understand with just a look! She was my best friend, Sam, and I would give up everything just to be the one rotting down there right now instead of her, so don't you dare think that I don't miss her!" I shouted.

Sam shook his head, looking over at me slightly and then looking down at the floor, the look in his eyes so hopeless and pain filled it hurt just to see it.