Don't Go...: Part 3

Jae POV

It had been tough since I left, I hardly kept it together most days and the only way I got through was by hunting nonstop.

I'd written letters to Sam but never sent them, just like he'd done for me when we weren't together all those years ago. But my letters weren't all just proclamations of love, they were filled with tears and all the painful words of my heart. I never sent them or called him because I knew he was better off without me. I'd done so much to make him hate me and I deserved to feel like this, like nothing would ever be good for me again, because I'd made the person I loved feel so much pain.

I was dodging demons left and right, they were hunting me while I hunted other monsters and I'd had to kill and exorcise much more than my fair share.

I was going to get a haircut, I'd been thinking about it for a while now, my hair had been long my whole life, other than when I was seventeen and eighteen, and the only reason I'd cut it then was because it showed a sign of a turning point in my life, when I'd found Ace and decided to change tactics in life, see things as positive and live for more than just hunting everyday.

This time the turning point was losing everything I'd loved because of my mistakes, and this time I'd change like I had before through learning from those mistakes, I'd never break a promise again, not unless I absolutely had to and even then I'd tell the people I promised why I had to and hope they'd understand, not break it without any explination, or leave without saying goodbye.

I would change and the whole reason I cut my hair the first time was because every time I looked in the mirror I saw my commitment there to change and what I'd cut my hair for. It may be silly to some people, but to me it was a symbol of rebirth and being better.

I went to a small hair salon in Sioux Falls, I was planning to go pick up BJ from Jody's for some time with him after this.

I waited for the stylist to be ready and when the woman she had been tending to before me left she called me over and I sat down in the chair in front of her.

She looked at me, brushing my long hair behind my shoulders as she looked at me through the mirror.

"How short are you thinking?" She asked.

"About to here." I said, pointing to just below the top of my shoulders.

She looked at me, surprised.

"Wow, are you sure you're up for that much? You have so much hair." She said as she brushed a hand through my hair, looking at it.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I said.

She nodded and proceeded to cut my hair, almost eight inches she cut off and I didn't miss one inch of it.

She finished after layering it and as she finished up the last touches I saw another stylist look at us from the salon behind me through the mirror