Can We Start Over?...: Part 5

Jae POV

On Monday Sam came to pick me up at my motel room and we talked a little, things still got awkward a few times but I tried to ignore it.

The date we went on last Saturday had been amazing, sure it had it's awkward moments and was uncomfortable at first, but it reminded me of how much I really loved Sam, his awkwardness at times when he didn't know what to say and his cute gestures that were always to make sure I was comfortable and felt safe. I'd missed all of them so much and that night had felt freeing in a way, like everything would turn out fine and what I'd been going through the past two weeks would finally stop haunting me.

Sam's apologies weren't needed but they made me feel so much better after he said them and my apology was sincere and honest, hid had been too. We forgave each other and we were going to take it slow, I wanted nothing more than that.

As we pulled up to the bunker Sam parked the car out front instead of in the garage and looked over at me.

"Do you want to come inside while I go get him? Cas, Dean, and Jack would love to see you." He said a little awkwardly but with sincerity.

I nodded, "Sure." I said and he nodded.

"Here, let me get the door for you." He said as he put a hand up to gesture for me to stay put.

I smiled to myself as he got out of the car and walked around to open my door, he was still just as sweet as he'd always been.

He opened my door for me and I thanked him as I got out.

We walked to the bunker door and Sam opened it for me, stepping inside after me and closing it behind him.

He gestured for me to go first down the stairs and I did, glad I wasn't in heels like I'd been on Saturday, today was just casual and I'd worn something nice but still comfortable, combat boots with jeans and a light grey shirt under a black leather jacket, my hair let down in my usual way even when it was short, no styling needed.

"Hey guys! Jae came to say hi for a minute before we go!" Sam called.

"Holy shit!" I heard Dean curse in excitement as he ran into the library from the kitchen and tripped on the one step up to the library hardwood floor, nearly falling on his face but catching himself on the library table.

He looked up at us as I got to the last step of the stairway leading down to the map room and his face went from a large grin to a somber seriousness.

Sam walked past me to get BJ as Cas and Jack came in to the library from the kitchen after Dean, but Dean was the first to do anything.

He walked toward me as my nerves grew, was he going to hit me or throw more insults like he had the last time I saw him? He sure looked it.

I tensed up, ready for the punch I was sure was coming.

Instead of a punch he pulled me into a tight hug, holding me tight.

I stopped, stunned as I slowly put my arms around him too, hugging him back.

"I'm sorry." He whispered so only I could hear.

I felt tears touch my eyes as I hugged him tighter, just those two words were a world of proof from Dean that he loved me.

"I'm sorry too." I whispered back.

He patted me on the back and separated from me, putting a hand on my shoulder as he looked into my eyes, a smile spreading across his face, a few tears present in his eyes.

"We missed you, Jae." He said.

To dean that meant 'I missed you'. I smiled at him.

"I missed you too." I said.