To Hell And Back...: Part 4

Dean POV

I sat next to Sam, I'd wrapped his leg with my flannel I wore over my T-shirt, but I couldn't take the bullet out without equipment and they'd taken the duffel bag and our guns when they put us down here.

"You holding up okay?" I asked Sam as I sat against the wall across from him.

He looked at me where he sat on the stairs up to the door to the Country Club.

"What do you think." He said.

I nodded, "Yeah, stupid question." I said as I took the bottle of whiskey I found among the many bottles of wine, whiskey, tequila, and other drinks down here, leaned forward and handing him the bottle.

He took it and took a good long drink, handing the bottle back to me.

I took it and sat back against the wall again, looking up at the ceiling as we waited for the people keeping us here to let us out.

It had been hours and when the door finally opened Sam looked horrible.

Cas came down the stairs and I stood.

"Cas, it's about damn time!" I exclaimed as I hugged him, glad he was okay. Cas looked at me, confused about what I said, and then turned to Sam as he spoke.

"Where is Jae?" Sam asked as he tried to stand but was in too much pain to do so.

Cas looked at me and then back to Sam, regret and worry in his eyes.

"Cas, where is she?" I asked seriously.

"She ran off to distract the hell hounds, there was nothing I could do." He said.

"Do you know where she went? She's going to need help." Sam said as he forced himself to his feet again and hunched over, lightheaded.

"Sam, hold up, you're not going anywhere until we get that bullet out." I said.

He looked at me, a little angry.

"She's my wife, I'm going after her." He said sternly.

The towns people who were all watching at the top of the stairs turned to the front doors of the country club as someone started knocking on them.

I looked up and took the stairs up two at a time, knowing that was Jae.

I unlocked the door and threw it open.

Jae stood on the other side, leaning against the doorframe as she breathed hard, her left forearm was bloody, her flannel sleeve torn where she wore it over her black noodle strap rank top, but whatever wound had been there was now healed.

"Jae. You crazy, jack ass, bitch, don't you ever pull something like that again." I said sternly as she looked at me.

"It's good to see you in one piece too, ass hat." Jae said through a small smirk and I grabbed her by the shoulder, pulling her into a hug as I felt relief wash away the worry and nerves for her safety.

She hugged me back, pulling away from me as she looked me in the eye.

"Where's Sam? Is he okay?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, but he got shot." I said.

"Shot? By who?" She asked, concerned and confused.

"The leader of the survivors didn't want us to leave them behind to go help you, so he shot him in the leg, like the massive dick he is." I grumbled.

"Where is Sam?" She asked, worried.

"In the wine cellar." I said.

Jae pushed past the small crowd of survivors to the cellar door, I was right behind her.