To Hell And Back...: Part 3

Jae POV

I ran with Cas ahead of me, we turned down street after street, and saw Dean and Sam in the Impala driving down the street next to us but we couldn't make it to them in time and they didn't see us.

Cas stopped as a hell hound lunged at him and I ran into the back of him, falling on my back on the side walk.

Cas pulled out his angel blade and stabbed blindly for the hell hound, he grazed it and he dodged as it made a lunge for him that we could only hear, it tore his trench coat and he stumbled against a wall as his dodge threw him off balance.

Four more hell hounds were coming up behind us and I looked up at Cas as he looked at me.

"Go." He said as he put up his angel blade again, the hell hound he grazed snapping at him again.

I scrambled to my feet and ran into an Alley and another, taking lefts and rights.

Cas POV

I tried to stab the hell hound with my angel blade but I couldn't see it, I defended myself the best I could and when the other four hell hounds got close I turned and ran, turning down another street and running hard.

I'd sacrifice myself for Jae, she was one of my best friends, but I was afraid, something I wasn't used to feeling as an angel.

I couldn't run forever, and my legs were already burning, Jimmy Novak's vessel couldn't sustain a steady run for hours on end like I could.

I was running slower, but I'd gotten ahead of the hell hounds, running through an Alley and across the street, and along the side of a building by the main road.

As I ran past another alley, knowing I had to stop soon and face my death, someone grabbed me from the alley next to me and pulled me into it, holding a hand to my mouth gently as they looked at me, it was Jae.

I'd told her to run and leave me, why was she here?

She let go of my mouth and held a finger to her lips, telling me to be quiet.

I nodded and the hell hounds ran past us, not smelling or seeing us.

It smelled awful as we waited there for them to get out of earshot, Jae put her jacket sleeve to her nose to block out the smell as we waited in silence.

After the growling and barking faded away Jae pulled me down the alley and across the opposite street and we kept walking, the hell hounds were behind us now and they'd lost our sent.

"Why are you here?" I asked her.

"Because I'm not leaving you, Cas." She said back.

"But I told you to run." I said.

She grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall of the fourth alley we'd cut through, looking me square in the eye seriously.

"Cas, I'm not leaving you because you've never left me. And I wouldn't just leave you to die, you're a part of my family and I won't leave any of you behind." She hissed seriously and a bit angry.

I looked at her, a little surprised at the urgent seriousness and slight fear for losing any of us in her eyes.

She kept walking and I followed her. I stayed quiet, thinking.

As we got to the trees outside of town and near the more rich neighborhoods Jae looked over her shoulder at me.

"I'm sorry for being so harsh, Cas." She said, apologizing for the rude tone behind her explanation to me.