Back In The Field...: Part 2

Jae POV

The boys had handed their case over to Bobby and mom when I called about the rings and they were back at the bunker in only a few hours.

"So where did they go? Did one of the kids who broke in months ago with Liam take them? None of them left the bunker did they?" Dean asked as the five of us, Sam, Dean, Jack, Cas, and I stood in the map room.

"No, I don't think so and if they did then I'm sure we would have known if they did something with them by now, if they even put them on it would be chaos out there, and nothing else was taken, only the rings." I said.

"It wasn't them, they knew nothing about monsters or hunting, so they would have raided the other stuff in there that looked valuable, and we would have found the rings on their bodies." Sam said.

"So someone took them. Someone who knew what they were coming in for." Cas said.

I nodded.

"When did they break in? The only reason those kids got in was because Liam gave them an extra skeleton key. This place is a fortress, no one can get in here without a key or some serious explosives." Dean said.

"Maybe they had a skeleton key. The British men of letters have them." Sam said.

"So you think Ketch took them?" Cas asked.

I shook my head, "I don't think he would do that." I said.

"Just because you two are buddies and you took a shotgun round for him doesn't mean he's a good guy, Jae." Dean said.

I shot him a glare, "And just because you're worried about this doesn't mean you have to be an ass about it." I shot back.

"Alright, why don't we just call him. Jae, you can tell if he's lying even over the phone right?" Sam asked.

I looked at him and shook my head, "I don't know." I said softly.

I was so doubtful of my previous ability to read people and feel things that I didn't know if I even could anymore, not since hell.

Sam frowned softly and put a hand on my arm gently, "Then at least try." He said.

I nodded and he pulled out the new phone he'd gotten on the way back, he'd got his SIM card when he fished his phone out of the storm drain and somehow salvaged it after it was soaked so Ketch would answer his same number.

Sam called Ketch and put his phone on speaker.

The line rang for a moment and them it picked up.

"Sam, what do you need?" He asked.

"Did you steal the Horsemen's rings from the bunker?" I asked.

"No. Why? Are they missing?" He asked.

"Yeah, and you are the only person we know who could get in here without a nuke." Dean said.

"Trust me, boys, I didn't steal them." He said.

"Trust you? And why would we do that?" Dean asked, annoyed.

"Because if you use your head for once, Dean, you'll remember that I'm on your side. And if that doesn't settle your mind then I'll tell you that I have no reason to take the rings, I don't want the horsemen running around up here any more than you do." He said.

"Right, then who else could have broken in without any of us noticing and taken them?" Dean asked sarcastically.

"Well, if you'll let me talk I'll tell you exactly who." Ketch said.