love is e x p a n a b l e

d r a g o n! spinel x reader

(/*i started rewatching all httyd while the internet is down :p)

"dragons!!" a villager screamed as a fleet of dragons started spreading fire on the roofs. all the men rallied up with their swords and crossbows; aiming at the dragons.

"y/n! come inside now!" you turned around to see your father running to you, as you were about to come to him. a dragon scooped you up from the ground and started flying away from your village.

you screamed and tried to shake the sharp claws off you but the dragon kept ahold of you well. as the cold night winds pampered your face making your eyes slightly dry, the dragon maneuvered to the left and a new land came to view.

you don't know this island the dragon is heading to, let alone gone out to see one. as the dragon too the highest peak of the mountain in the island, a cave is in sight.

as the dragon landed, it placed you onto the cold stone floor in a throwing manner, you started to back away from the dragon until you met the cave wall. the dragon started walking towards you and opened it's mouth, seeing the fire it's readying.

you held up your hands "wait mercy!!" you screamed. then nothing happened, you were expecting the dragon's fire burning you alive but you instead felt a near warmth.

you opened your eyes to see the fire in one place, lighting up everything in the cave. you looked at the dragon who's staring at you with it's magenta hues and deep scars across it's eyes.

"you're not going to kill me?" you asked slowly, the dragon huffed and placed it's head onto the ground still looking at you. while looking at the dragon's scales, it's glistening from the fire like a stardust.

you started to crawl closer to the dragon with your hand extending, the dragon lifted it's head off the floor and glared down at you. you sat back down "i'm.. not gonna hurt you." you said while offering you hand.

the dragon slowly lowered it's head again until it's eyes are onto yours. you slowly extended your hand closer with your eyes closed to the dragon's snout, the dragon looked at your hand then you.

it sees no wrong of what you're doing so the dragon pressed it's snout onto your palm as it closes it's eyes. you opened your eyes and a wide smile engulfed your face.

the dragon half opened it's eyes and stared at you longingly.

▶▶▶

two weeks has passes since the dragon took you away from your village, and you must say; living with this dragon is better than enduring drunk fights in the morning from your village.

it may seem like you're betraying your own kind. who knows.

right now, you're below the dragon's cave that is on top of the highest mountain as the dragon flew you down to the lake to fish. there are lots of dragons taking refuge in this island. maybe it's really far from any human civilizations.

a small dragon came up to you and started rubbing it's cheek onto your cheek, you giggled and rubbed it's head softly but a certain dragon roared to make the baby dragon run away to it's mother.

you shook your head and turned to face spinel. yes, that's the dragon's name. when you asked for the dragon's name, she dragged you down onto the ground and spelled it on the dirt with a tree branch.

"that wasn't very nice." you said, spinel huffed and placed her head onto the ground while grumbling quietly. you chuckled and scooched over to her and rubbed her snout.

"i get, you only want me to yourself huh?" spinel raised her head and pushed you onto the ground with her snout then started licking you. you laughed and tried to push her off.

as spinel stopped, you're now covered in her saliva. "ew, come on spinel." spinel only gave you a toothy smile that you can't resist. you sighed "i love you too."

then spinel started flapping her wings, signalling you to get on her. "you wanna fly?" you asked as you stood up. spinel lowered her body to let you get onto her back. as you settled, spinel took off instantly with great speeds.

you can feel the winds making your hair dance, spinel continued to go up until the clouds are below her. you looked into the horizon to see the sun shining in all it's glory. you looked down to see the vast blue ocean and...

a ship?

"spinel, do you see that?" you lightly tapped the dragon's neck to let her see what's below them. 'yeah, maybe your people are looking for you.'

your eyes widened as you heard a voice inside you head "you can talk?"
'no, i can only talk in my head.' you looked at the dragon in awe.

you let out a softly 'whoa'. you looked down at the ship again and now it's nearing the island you and spinel were in. "shit. spinel turn back! they're heading towards the island!!" spinel roared and maneuvered back.

you can feel her body getting warmer and a growl is heard, it's understandable. dragons aren't vicious beasts like people said they are. but sometimes, they don't listen to whatever whom said that dragons aren't dangerous. spinel let out a big roar taking the humans and dragon's attention.

spinel got down onto the ground glaring at the invaders with the other dragons behind her. it's your village along with your dad, not a big surprise.

"y/n? oh, thank goodness you're safe. what are you doing riding that dragon?! have you gone mad?!" you glared at your father, you looked at the other villagers and they're eyeing the dragons with their bloodlust eyes.

"maybe i have." and with that spinel roared loudly like an alpha and set the villagers into ablaze.