a sudden change of pace

this is a continuation of 'soothing bath'

requested by @Xx1Emerald1xX!

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

ever since you and spinel have done your first time in the bathtub.

some weird things are happening, like spinel getting a bit twitchy, you seeing her changing appearance more often now and it's hard to shrug it off of you bring high.

the once happy, loud spinel is now quiet. you're getting worried if you said or did something to spinel that made her like that.

right now, you started heading up to your room since that where she's been all day. you stopped at the door, took a deep breath and knocked on the door before fully opening it.

"spinel? do you wanna talk-" you stopped at your tracks to see spinel in her complete different palette, you rubbed your eyes and looked at the gem again expecting her to return to her original white and pink clothing.

but she didn't.

"spinel...?" you slowly asked while walking towards her, then the gem snapped her head to you. her magenta eyes looking onto yours, then her pupils went smaller.

spinel jumped up from the floor and held her fists up, ready to fight. "who are you?!" she yelled, you furrowed, "wh- spinel, it's me y/n. come on you gotta remember me right?" you said while walking towards her.

but spinel backed up until she hits one of your side drawers "how do you know my name?! you better back up!" she warned you, you stopped and looked at the newly reformed gem in front of you. how did this happened? this is so sudden, no sound was heard went she changed.

was she poofed?

"hey...how bout i take you to steven and he'll probably fix you." you said softly while raising your hands up to indicate you aren't gonna hurt her. spinel looked at you then slowly dropped her fists down.

"okay..." she said, you softly smiled and slowly reached out your hand, spinel raised at brow at it before shaking her hand as she doesn't wanna hold your hand.

you felt something crack inside you but you shook it off, "come on, let's go to steven." you headed out of the door, you looked over your shoulder to see spinel slowly following you, still cautious.

"what happened to her?" steven asked as he held up his shield because spinel has her fists up ready to attack the boy. "i don't know, i though she was poofed and reformed but she doesn't remember me..." you said.

steven sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose "okay, maybe you can try and jog her memories. like the thing we did to bring the crystal gems back to normal when she struck them with the rejuvenator."

"rejuvenator?" spinel said, you and steven turned your heads to her. "rejuvenator...injector...-" then her eyes became spirals when she looked at steven with bloody murder in her eyes.

"steven universe." then spinel jumped towards steven and her inflated fists came down to his shield with his feet breaking the wooden floor.

this jogged the wrong memory...

you jumped into the fight and grabbed spinel from behind to keep her front attacking steven, she struggled and grunted as she tried to get you off.

then her attention shifted to yours and her fist landed onto your cheek, you yelled in pain and lets spinel go. you held your bruised cheek which is quickly forming, a few tears started to brim and you looked at spinel who has her eyes widened.

then the gem ran out of the house and went somewhere, "spinel wait!!" you growled in frustration and punched the floor. steven quickly kneeled towards you and licked his index and middle figure with his healing spit.

"y/n, look at me and i'll heal the bruise." steven said, you slowly lifted your head and he pressed the spit onto it then it healed instantly.

you thanked the boy and stood up, you ran out of steven's house and started looking for spinel around the nooks and crannies of big ol beach city.

it's almost sun down and you still haven't found spinel yet. you looked at the alleyways, the fun land, little homeschool, the residents area NOTHING!

you took a deep breath and sighed while slumping down the nearest tree just behind the thick forest where jasper lives as steven told you before.

tears started to brim in your eyes as you're starting to lose hope that you'll ever find spinel again. what if she went out of town? what if she wrapped somewhere unknown to you? you can't handle those kinds thoughts.

then you heard rustling behind you, you sniffed and turned over your shoulder to see nothing. you sighed, you closed your eyes as you wiped the tears away.

then when you opened them you saw a familiar ragged pigtails from afar, your eyes widened and a smile crept up to your mouth. you stood up from the tree and started heading inside the forest.

the pigtails didn't move while you're crunching the dead leaves and broken branches below you, as you got to it. you moved the bush away and saw spinel with her eyes slightly red, she looks like she's been crying for awhile.

your gaze soften, you sat down next to her which made the gem feel uneasy and move away a bit. you didn't mind "you made me worry back there, i thought i wasn't gonna find you.."

"why would you look for me? i hurt you didn't i." she said while holding her legs closely, "that still doesn't change the fact that i still love you." you turned your head to look at spinel.

she's also looking at you and new batch of tears started to fall, you scooted over and wiped the flowing tears away with your thumb. "it's alright, i love you spinel." you said as you pulled her into an embrace.

spinel sniffed and hugged back, you rubbed her back soothingly then you pulled away. you looked down at her lips then you started to lean closer, spinel's eyes widened but she doesn't see anything wrong with it.

so spinel started leaning in also, as your lips met. spinel's eyes became stars and kissed back, you smiled within the kiss and made the kiss deeper.

before the two of you made out in the forest, you pulled away and caressed spinel's cheek which made her lean against.

"i love you too y/n."