stuck with u

this is requested by @XxSmol_CookiexX!

thank you for the request!

w o r r i e d! spinel x reader

❇ ❇ ❇ ❇ ❇

" today 30,000 cases have been confirmed all around the country, all of the front liners are doing their absolute best in their efforts to heal these people. we strongly advice you to wear your masks, cancel any large meetings to prevent the spread. "

spinel turned off the tv and tossed the remote next to her, she rubbed her chin as she hummed to herself. what does this virus do? does it really kill people?

"spinel, i'm off to buy some-"

"y/n no!" spinel shouted the jumped in front of you, blocking the door. you looked at her in confusion "what's wrong?"

"haven't you seen the news? there's this crazy virus infecting everyone! if you go out there, you could have it too!" you huffed "i'll be fine, it'll be quick." but the gem shook her head and held her ground.

"no. you ain't gettin' outta here, plus you don't even have a mask like the news says!" you crossed your arms "fine, i'll just get a handkerchief or something." you turned around and started heading upstairs.

but spinel whipped her arm to grab your wrist "where are you going anyway and is it really important?"
"well, i just need to get some groceries-"

"okay! give me the list and your wallet!" spinel exclaimed and held out her hand, you looked at her flabbergasted with your mouth agape.

"it's fine, the news said only humans get infected not gems."
you playfully rolled your eyes, you fished out your wallet and handed it to the gem.

"the list is inside, be back quickly okay?" spinel nodded and held your wallet, she headed to the ground and twisted the knob open.

"ya got it chief." she saluted before going out of the house, closing the door behind her.
as the door closed, you huffed and sat down at the couch.

what are you gonna do now? especially the two of you are stuck in here for god knows how long, well, just you since gems don't get infected.

you groaned and slid down to the ground, instantly bored. "uggghhhh..." you moaned out.

"i'm back!!" spinel slammed the door open making you jumped, you immediately stood up to see the pink gem by the door with two or three bags in her hand.

"that was fast." you said as you walked up to her to grab the bags from her "it's like black friday back there! everybody's pushing and shoving each other, good thing i have these!" spinel said as she waved her noodle arms around.

you giggled "lemme guess, you jumped into people's head didn't you?" spinel waved her hand in dismiss "you know me too well."

you placed the bags down by the counter and sat down on the couch again beside spinel. she wrapped her arm around you and you instantly placed your head on her shoulder.

"guess we're stuck here for a while." spinel said, her voice low and soft as if trying to sooth you into slumber.

"not that i'm complaining."