Prologue II

Hogwarts

Dumbledore was sitting at his desk, his thoughts running miles away as he was starting into an empty void. If he was to really do this he needed to think everything trough.
She had once disappeared without any trace. He couldn't risk her doing that again. She was one of the most powerful witches he knew, and he knew a lot. She could help them win.

Even if this upcoming war was no more than a rumor. And the whispers of the You-Know-Who's return only that. He owed it to her to let her meet him at least once.
Because a long time ago, when she begged and pleaded to be the one to raise the boy, Dumbledore didn't give in. Her made her give up on the only thing she had left to remind her of her friends that died no more than days ago.

And now, oh how the tables have turned. Now he was one who was going to pleading for her help. And she had no reason to give it to him, after everything that he made her go trough because he was focused on only one thing.
He is the one who knew what would happen and he let it happen. He let her world crumble down in flames and turn to ashes.
And then he left her alone to collect the ashes.

McGonagall came into Dumbledore's office and sat down in one of the chairs. "I am guessing you are still thinking about it." She said, adjusting her glasses.

"I will be sending out the letter first thing tomorrow." Dumbledore replied shortly, looking at the professor sat on the opposite side of the table.

"So you have decided then." McGonagall said in a questioning voice, but it not a question. She was aware that he was going to go trough with this, no matter what.

Dumbledore raised his gaze so that his eyes met hers, "There was nothing to decide Minerva," he said "she's our last hope. Now what's left is for us to hope that she will accept and that won't run again."

McGonagall sighed and leaned into the chair she was sitting in.
"To be quiet honest i have missed her." She said, her voice going a little warm. But then she furrowed her brown, her expression going serious. "Should we tell Severus? She was his best friend and yet he doesn't even know she's alive."

"Not yet Minerva." Dumbledore replied, "First let's see if she agrees to help us. The rest will be easy to sort out."

"Alright." McGonagall said, not at all convinced that the headmaster knew what he was doing.

They remained seated in complete silence that took over the room. They were both thinking the same thing, if the war was truly going to happen again, then she was probably their last hope to win it without losing too much. The first one left the wizarding world shattered, if they couldn't win the second, then it would be completely destroyed.