Chapter 17: second task

"Are you sure about this Neville?" Harry asked taking the moss from Neville's hand

"Absolutely." The shy Gryffindor replied.

"For an hour?" Harry asked again, "Most likely." Neville said sounding a bit unsure.

"Most likely?!" Harry repeated, not really willing to take any chances about this.

"Well there's some debate among herbologists as to effects of freshwater versus saltwater." Neville explained.

"And you're telling me this now? You must be joking." Harry said still holding thee moss in his hands.

Neville took a breath, and shyly replied, "I just wanted to help."

"Well that makes you a right sight and better than Y/n, Hermione and Ron." Harry said, "Where are they anyway?"

"You seem a little tense Harry." Neville said watching the boy with glasses who was walking backwards. "Do I?" Harry questioned sarcasm dripping in his voice.

 "Do I?" Harry questioned sarcasm dripping in his voice

"Welcome to the second task." Dumbledore's voice rang out, "Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win each champion only need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough."

"Put that in your mouth." Mad-Eye Moody said to Harry standing next to him. Harry put the moss in his mouth, chewed, almost spit it out and then swallowed it.

"You may begin at the start of canon," Dumbledore said.

The second after the cannon fired out. Fleur, Viktor and Cedric dived straight in the water while Harry was still struggling with the moss. Mad-Eye Moody pushed Harry into the water, seeing that the boy was taking too long.

When he fell into the water Harry tried yelling but it was no use. He was kicking his legs in the water until finally, gills appeared next to his ears, and his legs turned into fins.

Harry did a jump out of the water like a dolphin and a bunch of Gryffindors were cheering for him. Now back in the water Harry was swimming, nearing the cliff from where he would have to go down.