Chapter 56: burning of the burrow

It was Christmas day, well night to be precise

It was Christmas day, well night to be precise. I was sitting at the stairs in the Burrow looking trough the window into the night. I saw Ginny coming out of the bathroom and stood up to greet her. "Hiya my favorite ginger."

Ginny chuckled and smiled at me. "Hey my favorite vampire. Have Ron and Harry already gone to bed?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Er, shoelace." Ginny said awkwardly. Both of us leaned down to get it and bumped heads. "Sorry." I chuckled, she crouched down swiftly tying the lose lace. Ginny straightened back up out faces inches apart.

"Nice . . . shoelaces." She said nervously a second later both of us started laughing. "Did you really just say 'nice shoelaces'?"

She laughed and nodded "Guess I did. Merry Christmas, Y/n."

"Merry Christmas, Ginny."  Silence fell over us and both of us leaned towards our lips almost touching. Suddenly a strong smell of smoke overwhelmed my senses. I whipped my head around and saw a ball of flame fly past the window.

I looked at Ginny before both us ran outside, where the members of Order already stood their wands drawn and pointed at Bellatrix.

I noticed Harry next to me and grabbed his hand, because both of us were about to do the same thing. Without second of hesitation we ran trough the fire sprinting after Bellatrix. "I killed Sirius Black. I killed Sirius Black." She chanted "Y/n, Harry, come and get me!"

We lost Bellatrix and ended up in some kind of puddle. Someone growled and I pushed Harry behind me just as Fenrir Greyback emerged from the plants.
"Stupefy!" Harry pointed his wand at him but Fenrir blocked the attack and disappeared.

"Harry!" Someone in the distance was yelling, possibly Remus because his scent was getting stronger.

Harry and I stood back against back, firing attacks at where we guessed Fenrir and Bellatrix were. Remus and Tonks appeared by our side so the four of us were now covering all sides we could've been attacked from.

Two black smokes rose up in the air and went towards the Burrow, flying straight trough it.
"Molly." said Arthur looking at where the Burrow was burning before running towards it.

We all followed after him, stopping in front of the fire. I wrapped my arms around Molly and pulled her in a hug. She wrapped her arms around me as well, opening one eyes i watched Ginny look at us before i used my hand to gesture to her to come.

Molly and I both hugged her and we just stayed there like that. In silence, no one daring to say a word.

One thing I was sure of. I couldn't wait for the day I kill Bellatrix.