Chapter 45: another year, another professor

"Come on its the only thing that makes sense

"Come on its the only thing that makes sense." Harry said.

"What?" Ron asked. "Because I'm a bit lost here."

"Harry is under the impression that Draco Malfoy is a death eater." Hermione told him.

"Its obvious that he's following his dad as a death eater." Harry protested and we all shook our heads.

"Harry, he's just 16." Hermione said.

And yet, Regulus was younger. Barely fifteen when the mark was forced onto his arm. I was sixteen Hermione, would you have suspected me if you were there? Or would you've have brushed it off, said I was just a girl?

Harry frowned and got up. "I need some air." He said before leaving.

"He goes looking for trouble doesn't he?" I asked leaning back into my seat.

"Trouble usually finds him." Ron replied leaning his head against the window.

"Either way, Harry and trouble mix together way too often." I said.

"And it took you this long to realize this?" Asked me Ron.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n. But Ron we have to go. Prefect duties, remember?" Hermione smiled at me apologetically while getting up.

I smiled back. "Its fine you two. I'll just read a book or find another compartment."
Ron and Hermione left, Hermione lecturing Ron about something while they were walking away.

After a few moments I got up and left as well. I noticed Ginny sitting alone in an empty compartment with the closed doors. There was a notebook in her lap and she was writing something in it.

I slid the door of her compartment open and leaned on the side of the door. "What's cooking, good looking?"

She almost jumped out of her seat, and snapped the notebook shut turning to look at me. "H-hi. You startled me."

"Sorry." I smiled. "Mind if I sit?"

She shook her head putting the notebook in her bag. "No, go on."

"Why are you alone, my pretty ginger friend?" I asked sliding into a seat opposite of her.

She smiled at me. "Dean and Seamus are with Luna and Neville. And I guess i just wanted some peace and quiet."

"Am I interrupting the peace and quiet?" I asked her. "Because if you want I can leave."

"Don't be silly Y/n." Ginny replied. "You're not interrupting and I could some company anyway."

"Are you excited for the new year?" I smiled at her and leaned my head on the window.

"I guess." She said. "I'm just glad mom let us come back. You?"

"I'll be glad if we make it out of this year unharmed." I tried to laugh.

"Don't get me wrong, but why aren't you with the trio?" Ginny asked me.