Chapter 02: guardian

--- Y/N ---

I closed my eyes, enjoying the warmth that sun on my skin gave me. I was sitting in the old compartment me and Marauders used to sit in every time. I didn't think that Hogwarts Express drove after September 1st but maybe Albus made them do it.

I was the only one on the train besides the workers. Hogwarts officially started yesterday, so the train didn't really have any other students except for me on it. Not that I was a student, the last I remember was me telling Albus I'm quitting Hogwarts.

I was siting in silence looking trough the window while my mind was occupied by one question that I kept repeating. Why did I agree to this?

I walked trough half empty halls of Hogwarts

I walked trough half empty halls of Hogwarts. Who would guess, 18 years later and this place still looks the bloody same. I remember like it was yesterday when Marauders and I were running trough this halls, or in other words said, running away from the detention we were going to get.

"Hurry up Y/n!" Sirius shouted, running as fast as he could.

"You hurry up Si!" I shouted back.

Sirius and I were running trough the halls trying to escape from McGonagall who was about to put us in detention for at least a month if not more.

I almost tripped over my feet but Sirius caught me, he grabbed my hand helping me regain my balance and we continued to run.

We ran from hall to hall with McGonagall calling after us angrily. Finally we made it outside. We hit something and stumbled back. When I looked up I saw that it was James, Remus and Peter who were catching their breath.

"Did you do it?" Sirius asked breathing heavily.

James nodded and smiled at us "Did you?"

"Yep." I said, pressing a hand over my stomach.

"Now we wait." Remus said.

After about a minute we all looked at each other and exchanged smiles, knowing what was coming next. We started counting down and it wasn't long before the fireworks exploded, decorating the sky in different colors.

"Miss Lockwood, Mr Black, you are in detention for a month." McGonagall coming into the courtyard.

"You too Mr Potter, Mr Lupin and Mr Pettigrew!" Slughorn yelled from the other side of the courtyard.

Those few students who were in hallways were all looking at me and staring. I hated when people stared at me and it often made me uncomfortable. I never gave any of them a reason to stare. I was very little away from snapping at them, but i knew i needed to keep my cool. Remembering where Dumbledore's office was i headed straight there ignoring the more stares i got.