Chapter 70: sword of gryffindor and a broken locket

Hermione sat on the ground her back against the tree

Hermione sat on the ground her back against the tree. I sat at the big branch of the tree i was positive wouldn't snap. Currently we were in a frozen forest.

Harry went to the lake nearby to get a bucket of water we could use, after he left it in the tent he came over to the two of us breathing heavily.

"Are you feeling better?" Hermione asked him turning her head to the side to get a better look at Harry.

"You've outdone yourself this time Hermione." Replied Harry talking about the place where we were.

Hermione smiled, rubbing her hands together to warm them up. "The Forest of Dean. I came here once with mom and dad years ago. Its just how I remember it, the trees the river, everything. Like nothing has changed, not true of course. Everything's changed, if I brought my parents back here now they probably wouldn't recognize any of it."

Her smile dropped, her voice taking a lower tone a sadder one. "Not the trees, not the river . . . not even me."

I jumped of the tree landing on the ground straight on my feet. I sat down onto the snowy ground and hugged Hermione. "Maybe we should just stay here, guys." She said. "Grow old."

I would if I could Hermione.

"I'm fighting an urge to make a comment about that." I said chuckling even trough I didn't feel like it.

In reality I felt like i got staked near a heart, there was nothing more I wanted than to have a life with them. But that was one thing I couldn't have. I couldn't grow old or have children. They could . . .

"Sorry I ..." Hermione started but I cut her off. "No, its fine. Don't worry about it."

She nodded before changing the subject obviously being able to sense my uneasiness. "You wanted to know who the boy in the photograph was. I know." Hermione told Harry closing her book and placing it aside. "Gellert Grindelwald."

She gave the book to Harry who flipped trough the pages of it. "He's the thief I saw in Gregorovitch's wand shop. Speaking of which, where if my wand?"

Both Hermione and I frowned, we have been trying to find a way to tell him but didn't come up with any good plan. So guess its time to improvise.

"Y/n? Hermione? Where is my wand?" Harry asked again when neither of us spoke anything.

Hermione sucked in a breath before moving to the side and holding up a blanket to reveal the two pieces of Harry's broken wand. "As we were leaving Godric's Hollow I cast a curse, and it rebounded. I'm sorry."

"We tried to mend it but wands are different." I admitted my voice laced with guilt. Even trough it wasn't really my fault I felt bad that this happened and that I couldn't fix it.

"Its done." Harry said looking at Hermione. "Leave me yours, go inside and get warm."

I pulled my wand from where it was attached to my hip with a leather strap. "Take mine instead. I don't need it to do magic, its just comes in handy from time to time. You need it more than I do."