Chapter 25: devil wears pink

A paper bird flew trough the DADA classroom. Some students blew at it, some used spells to help it continue to fly and some tried to hit it. Harry and I sat amused at our desk watching this play out in the classroom.

Harry took my hand in his and interfered our fingers. I looked at him and smiled, I quickly pecked his cheek and noticed him blush.

I heard the sound of paper burning and I looked up my eyes meeting the pink toad who held her wand in the air pointed to where the remains of burned paper were.

"Good morning children."She said in her usual annoying voice, making my skin crawl. She began making her way toward the professor table her wand pointed to the board. "Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations. More commonly known as OWL's. Study hard and you will be rewarded."

She gave us one of her a bit frightening smiles. "Fail to do so and the consequences may be severe."

If killing a teacher wasn't inappropriate this woman would already be 6 feet deep.

She waved her wand and the textbooks from her table levitated trough the air, a single book dropping on the table in front of each student. "Your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven but, you'll be pleased to know from now on you will be following a carefully structured ministry approved course of defensive magic."

I looked at the pathetic excuse for a book that was in front of me. Even the cover of the book was hideous. I flipped a few pages and rolled my eyes at this stupidity the pink toad called defensive magic.

Hermione rose her hand in the air and Umbridge turned towards her waiting for her to speak.  "There's nothing in here about using defensive spells." Hermione stated her hands on the book.

Ding ding ding! 10 points to Gryffindor.

"Using defensive spells?" Umbridge repeated almost in disbelief. She then made another sickening laugh "I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom. You will be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"What use is that if we're going to be attacked?" Harry questioned making me grip on his hand. Firmly but not roughly. "It won't be risk free."

"Students will raise their hand when speaking in my class." Pinkie-pie stated firmly. "It is a view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge would be sufficient to get you trough your examinations which after all is what school if for."

I grimaced and bit my bottom lip to prevent myself from getting up on the desk and insulting her. I didn't realize how hard I was biting on my lip until blood started to fill my mouth slowly.

"How's theory supposed to prepare them for whats out there?" I asked her looking her straight in the eyes.

"There's nothing out there, dear." Pinkie stated in her highly annoying voice. Did she think that we were buying this whole 'oh I am such a nice old lady' act. Because if she did, she needed a good mind checking.

"Who do you imagine would want to attack little children such as yourselves?" She asked rising her head and looking at Harry.

"Oh I don't know." Harry said, "Maybe Lord Voldemort?"

A painful silence fell over the whole classroom and Umbridge's fake smiled turned into a scowl. "I am going to make this quiet plain you have been told that a certain Dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie."

"Its not a lie!" Harry argued. "I saw him! Me and Y/n/n fought him!"

"Detention Mr Potter!" She said rather angrily.