Chapter 07: the fourth champion

Soon enough the day passed and the next one just like that. We were sitting at the Gryffindor table having dinner, everyone was eagerly waiting for the names of champions to be called out.

"Alright now the moment I assume you have all been waiting for!" Dumbledore rose from his sear and made his way to the goblet of fire.

The first name shot out and Dumbledore caught the piece of paper. "The champion of Durmstrang is ......" after the few second of silence he shouted out, "Viktor Krum!"

Durmstrang boys cheered for Viktor, who smiled at his friends.

"The champion from Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!"

Fleur smiled and the other girls from Beauxbatons cheered for her.

"And Hogwarts's champion is .... Cedric Diggory!"

Oh so that's the Hufflepuf boy Harry mentioned. I turned my head and saw him smiling after his name had just been called out. Everyone was cheering for him, but the loudest were Hufflepufs.

Another piece of paper shoot up from the Goblet of fire leaving us all confused.

This won't end well.

"It seems like we have another champion. Harry . . . -" Dumbledore stopped re-reading the paper before with uneasiness shouting "Harry Potter!"

Oh fuck no, this was not happening right now.

I turned towards Harry who had a petrified look on his face. The same look Ron and Hermione also had. And most likely the same one I had. He slowly got up from his seat and walked over to Dumbledore, trying to ignore all the whispers around him.

 He slowly got up from his seat and walked over to Dumbledore, trying to ignore all the whispers around him

Ron, Hermione and me sat in the common room not talking. Just doing things to keep our mind occupied for long enough until Harry returns from his talk with Dumbledore.

Hermione was reading a book. Ron was, well I don't really know what exactly it was that Ron was doing. And I? I was thinking, or better said remembering the talk I once has with James Potter.

"Don't pout Y/n/n!" James said looking at me with puppy dog eyes.

"Shut it Potter, I am mad at you."

"Oh come on Vixen, I just said that Tournament sounds cool!" He tried to defend himself.

I turned around and glared at my best friend "It isn't cool Prongs! You could actually die in that thing!"

"Y/n please the last death that happened in Triwizard Tournament was more than a human lifetime ago."

"Doesn't mean it can happen again!" I shouted at him. I didn't mean to shout, but when James came telling me about how if they decided to host the Triwizard Tournament again (which they were thinking about) he would enter.