Chapter 73: that's such a stupid idea, i'm in

I tapped my fingers against the mug of tea I was holding

I tapped my fingers against the mug of tea I was holding. Currently we were sitting in Shell Cottage, Bill and Fleur's house. We had no idea what to do next, but we needed to do something and we needed to be fast. If Harry was right and Voldemort got his hands on the Elder Wand we surely didn't have much time left.

"Its beautiful here." Said Luna who was lightly touching the dream catcher.

"It was our aunt's." Bill replied putting the clean mugs on the table. "We used to come here as kids. The Order uses it now as a safe house. What's left of it, at least."

"I need to talk to the goblin." Harry said coming inside. I put my mug down and got up from the chair. "Lead the way."

Bill took me, Harry, Ron and Hermione to the room where the goblin, Griphook was. He gave us a small nod before leaving and closing the door.

"How are you?" Asked Harry looking at the goblin that was sitting in the chair.
"Alive." Griphook replied casually.

"You probably don't remember . . . -" Harry was cut off by Griphook speaking up. "That I showed you, your vault the first time you came to Gringotts? Even among goblins you are famous, Harry Potter."

Harry walked over to the window and looked outside. "You buried the elf." The goblin suddenly said. "And brought me here. You are, a very unusual wizard." Griphook gestured to the sword that was laying against the wall. "How did you come by this sword?"

Harry looked at me, at the sword then at the goblin. "Its complicated. Why did Bellatrix Lestrange think it should be in her vault at Gringotts?"

"Its complicated." Griphook repeated Harry's words.

"The sword presented itself to us in the moments of need." said Harry not tearing his eyes away from the goblin. "We didn't steal it."

"There's a sword in Madam Lestrange's vault identical to this one, but its fake. It was placed this summer." Griphook said.

"And she never suspected that it was fake?" I asked.

"The replica is very convincing. Only a goblin would recognize that this is the true sword of Gryffindor."

"Who is the acquaintance?" Hermione asked.
Goblin turned his head slightly to the side to look at her. "A Hogwarts professor. As I understand it, he's the headmaster now."

"Snape?" Said Ron but it sounded more like a question. "He put a fake sword into Bellatrix's vault. Why?"

Griphook was fast to reply. "There are more than a few curious things in the vaults at Gringotts."

"And in Madam Lestrange's vault as well?" Harry asked curiously. The goblin looked at him for a few seconds. "Perhaps."

"I need to get into Gringotts, into one of the vaults." Harry said looking at me, Ron and Hermione.  "This is impossible." Griphook said not moving an inch. Harry looked at him for a few short moments before replying: "Alone yes. But with you, no."