Chapter 66: is it so hard to break a locket

With a loud groan I opened my eyes, realizing that we were in fact in the middle of the woods

With a loud groan I opened my eyes, realizing that we were in fact in the middle of the woods. An intoxicating smell of fresh blood overwhelmed my senses making me hiss and bare out my fangs.

Ron was on the ground crying out in pain, skin of his arm was partly peeled off and blood was falling down his arm and chest. Harry handed Hermione a vial of something and she started healing Ron's arm.

I whined digging my hands into the ground and grasping whatever I could find to stop myself from pouncing on Ron and biting him. The smell of his blood was all I could make out and it was driving me crazy.

My whines attracted the attention of Harry and Hermione.
"Please just hurry the fuck up and heal him before I lose it Hermione!" I yelled at her gripping the roots from the tree that were partly out of ground.

Harry rushed to me while Hermione continued healing Ron after giving me a pitiful look. I tried banging my head against the ground but Harry caught me by wrapping his arms around my torso and pressing his chest against my back.

"Shh... Just breath, Hermione is almost done with Ron." He told me in soft voice while he rubbed patters on my arm. "See just like that. You can do it, come on baby a few more breaths."

The smell of blood started fading which made it easier to regain control of my blood lust. I sucked in a breath, my fangs disappearing and my eyes slowly turning back to normal. I breathed out loudly letting myself lose support of my  body. Harry kept holding me and whispering small praises in my ear gently.

Hermione got up and started placing protective spells around us. I got up and walked over to help her. "I'm sorry." I whispered but I knew she heard me. "For losing control."

"Don't be sorry for something you can't control." Hermione told me with a small exhausted smile. "Blood lust is normal for vampires and you handled it better than I expected. I read about vampires, interesting theme to be honest."

"Still, I feel like shit for not being able to control it." I replied.

"But you did control it. If it was any other vampire I'm pretty sure Ron would already be dead."  Hermione said. "Could you and Harry get started on the tent?"

"Tent?" Harry asked from behind us. "Where are we supposed to find a tent?"
I nodded and ran over to pick Hermione's bag from the ground holding it up. Harry gave me a confused look to which I replied with a smirk.

The night quickly passed, and I don't think any of us managed to get any good sleep

The night quickly passed, and I don't think any of us managed to get any good sleep. Harry would often shift in his sleep and mumble something. Ron kept letting out small groans from time to time when he would accidentally lean on his hurt arm. Hermione woke up few times and each time i would tell her that she can go back to sleep and that everything is fine.

And me? I didn't sleep at all - I couldn't. I woke up from a nightmare drenched in sweat and didn't try to go back to sleep after. Harry had an arm wrapped around my waist all the time and that was probably the only thing keeping me sane in the moment.

Every move one of them made, any noise from outside of the tent lingered inside of my mind like a little worm of worry.  Worry that if something was to happen I wouldn't be able to protect them.

I was more than grateful when i saw rising in the sky. Harry was first to wake up, pulling me closer to him my back pressed against his chest. "Morning darling." He said in a husky voice in my ear.

I giggled rolling around so i was facing him. "Good morning love." He pressed a short kiss on my lips and smiled at me when he pulled away.

Soon enough Ron and Hermione woke up as well and we decided to try destroying the locket today. It was a Horcrux, we didn't need a freaking Horcrux with us all the time. The sooner we managed to destroy it - the better.

 The sooner we managed to destroy it - the better

"You first." Hermione said stepping behind Harry. Ron was leaning back against a tree, Harry had his wand pointed at the locket, me and Hermione were behind him already planning what spells we could use if Harry didn't destroy it on his own.

"Dissendium!" A small cloud of grey smoke erupted from the locket, but it was untouched.

"Incendio!" Tried Hermione setting the locket on fire. It flamed for few second before the fire died out, leaving a locket in his full state.

I brought my hand up and turned it around so that my palm was up towards the sky.

"Wow, nothing happened." Ron said in amusement. "So wha -!"

A lighting came from the sky directly hitting the locket in the center of it. "Said something ginger?"

I got frustrated when the locket still remained whole, not even a scratch on it.
"D-did you do that with the lighting thing?" Ron asked stuttering while he spoke.

"This?" I asked repeating the same movement this time the lighting hitting next to where Ron was standing.

"H-harry!? Bloody hell please control your girlfriend." Ron pleaded.

Harry turned around with amused smirk on his face and looked at Ron. "Cute to think I can control her." He returned his attention back to the locket on the ground. "Expulso!"

The only thing that happened it that locket flew back a few meters. Harry kept whipping his wand trough the air, hitting the locket with different spells over and over again. Suddenly it burst into flames - surprise: still untouched.

"Fucking hell! Why is so hard to destroy a bloody locket?" I asked with a groan. Harry picked the locket up from the ground and put it around his neck.

"What are you doing?" Hermione asked him concerned.

"We have to keep it safe until we find a way to destroy it." Replied Harry tucking the locked under his shirt.

"Seems strange mate, Dumbledore send you off to find all of this Horcruxes but doesn't tell you how to destroy them. Doesn't that bother you?" Ron asked what we all were most likely thinking.

Instead of answering Harry just let out a loud sigh and walked away towards the woods. He would cross out of the protective spells, I knew that. But I couldn't help the uneasiness that filled me.

This was going to be an interesting journey, that's for sure.