Chapter 44: weasley's wizard wheezes

"Step up! Step up! We've got Fainting Fancies and Puking Pastilles!" Fred shouted.
"Just in time for school." George added.

We just entered Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Fred and George's joke shop. And it was amazing.
I looked up to see a figure of Umbridge with extremely big face riding a small bike like thing on a rope. "I will have order!" It kept repeating.

"This is brilliant." I told the twins who grinned at me.

"Ooh ladies!" They said in union approaching Ginny and Hermione who were looking at some pink bottles. "Love potions, eh? Yeah they really do work. But the way we hear it, sis, you're doing just fine on your own."

"Meaning?" Ginny asked turning the bottle in her hands.

"Are you not currently dating Dean Thomas?" Fred asked his sister.

Ginny put the bottle back looking slightly uncomfortable with what Fred just asked her. "Its none of your business."
She gave me a small smile before going somewhere else in the store.

"How much for this?" Ron asked holding something up.

"5 galleons." The twins replied.

"How much for me?" Ron asked again.

"5 galleons." The twins said looking at Ron.

"But I am your brother."  Ron protested.

The twins looked at eachother and shrugged. "10 galleons."

I walked up behind Ron placing a hand on his shoulder. With the other hand I levitated 10 galleons to the twins. "There you go. Take your thingy Ronald, I just wanna go lay in some bed and not get up until we have to go back to school."

We quickly found Harry and Hermione and passed trough the crowd of people.
Lavender Brown twirled her hair around her finger nervously. "Hi, Ron."

"Hi?" Ron said faintly and it sounded more like a question.

As we passed down the street, looking at mostly empty and ruined shops my gaze landed on Olivanders.
Except that it looked much more different now. It was totally ruined and empty.

"Oh no." Hermione said. "Everyone got their wands from Olivanders."

"I'm so excited!" I said jumping up and down. "I can't wait to get my wand."

"I proud of you princess." Dad said picking me up in his arms. "I'm sure that you will be one of the best students Hogwarts ever had."

"What house do you think I will be in?" I asked cheerfully. "Am I going to be a Gryffindor like you? Or Slytherin like mom?"

"It doesn't matter, Y/n/n. We'll love you the same no matter what house you're in."  Dad reassured me.
"Come on." He said pushing the door of Olivanders open.

"Lockwoods!" Olivander greeted us, "I was wondering when you will come."

"Well here we are now." Dad smiled putting me down.

"Are you ready to find your wand little Miss Lockwood?" Olivander asked me and I eagerly nodded.

"Y/n?" Hermione shook my shoulder pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?" I smiled at the girl.

"We're gonna take a look inside. Do you wanna go with us or would you rather stay here?" She asked me.

I shook me head and started walking towards the shop. "I'm coming of course."

We looked around the dusty shop. Some windows were broken and walls ruined.
"Is it just me or do Draco and mummy look like two people who don't want to be followed?" Ron asked pointing at Malfoy Junior and Narcissa.

So we did the only obvious thing. Not!
And followed them trough dark stony alleyways until we reached Knockturn alley.
From there the two of them went into a shop called 'Borgin and Burkes'.

"Should I turn into my fox form and follow them inside?" i asked.

"Absolutely no!" Harry replied. "We have no idea what they do to strays here."

"And besides a red fox in the Knockturn alley is definitely not suspicious." Hermione added.

"So what do you suggest then?" I asked Hermione and Harry.

Dear Merlin, why is my brain so screwed up?
How in the Lords name did I agree to climb a roof only to spy on an 16 years old kid and his mother.

Inside Draco was examining a dark wooded cabinet.
In one moment Fenrir Grayback, a werewolf and a death eater turned around looking at where we previously were. Because now we were hanging on the roof trying not to be noticed.

After he turned back around we tried to look again but the blinds were down this time.
"We should go." I said.

"Yeah." Hermione replied slowly going back down.

Ginny woke up because of constant moving in her bed

Ginny woke up because of constant moving in her bed. The ginger girl looked at Y/n who was sleeping next to her, she was turning in her sleep. Her cheeks were wet and she was gripping the covers tightly.

The two on them shared one bed while Hermione was in the other one, sleeping peacefully not aware of what was going on.

"... no please don't leave me ..." Y/n murmured as more tears continued to run down her checks. " ... i love you ..."

Ginny looked at the brown haired girl pitifully. She didn't deserve what she was going trough.
If there was something Ginny wanted in this moment it would be to ease Y/n's pain.

"I'm so sorry Y/n." Ginny whispered putting an arm around the girls waist and pulling her closer to her chest. "I wish I could help you."

Ginny kissed the top of Y/n's head and started humming one of the lullabies her mother used to sing her when she was younger.

And it worked. Y/n relaxed a bit and stopped gripping the covers of bed. She just lied there snuggling into Ginny's chest still sleeping.

"Good night Y/n." Ginny whispered sleepily. "I love you."