To Infinity

Day 23 of Fic-Mas: First Christmas Together

A/N: This along with the next two parts/blurbs will be a 3-part mini-series. I hope y'all enjoy it! As always, let me know what you think!

***

Y/N took a deep breath as she stood in front of her door. Chris had knocked on it a few seconds ago. She didn't want to leave him outside for so long, but she was extremely nervous.

Three months ago, Chris finally asked Y/N to be his girlfriend after talking and dating for almost two month. Although they had been together for quite some time, this was their first Christmas together. They each spent the morning and afternoon with their families, and agreed to end the holiday together. Y/N was nervous as she never spent the holiday with someone she really cared about.

Y/N opened the door to see Chris in a coat and a scarf around his neck. His lips widened the second he laid eyes on her.

"Hi," he said softly, almost in awe.

Her smile matched his. "Hi! Come in."

Chris stepped inside. He took his coat off and hung it before he took his shoes off. She grabbed his hand and led him to her living room. He pulled her in and wrapped his arms around her waist. She smiled at him as she wrapped one arm around his neck. She gently cupped his cheek and looked deep into his blue eyes. Deep down in her heart, she knew she loves him, but she wasn't going to be the one to say it first. She knew it was way too soon.

Chris chuckled before he leaned in and kissed her. He kissed her gently, enjoying her soft lips moving in perfect sync with his. He tightened his hold, pressing her body against his and sunk into the kiss. He could kiss her forever. In fact, that's exactly what he wants.

"Merry Christmas," he mumbled in between kisses.

"Merry Christmas," she mumbled back as she kissed him once more. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you, too," his thumbs traced circles on the small exposed skin just above her jeans. "But I'm glad we're finally together."

"Can I get you anything?" She asked as she unraveled from his arms.

"I'm good," he smiled as he grabbed her hand and brought her with him to sit on her couch. "I have a present for you."

"I have one for you too," she quickly stood up. "Be right back." A couple of seconds later she came back with a thin box for him. "Open it!"

Like an eager kid on Christmas morning, Chris ripped the paper immediately. His eyes soften when he saw the picture she took of Chris and Dodger at the park. They were sitting on the ground at the dog park, watching the sunset together. It was such a cute moment, Y/N snapped a photo of it. She printed out the picture and put it on a frame. The top of the frame had Dodger's name written and at the bottom it said, 'Best Dog Ever'.

"I noticed you don't have any pictures around your new place and I thought this would be the perfect first picture to have," Y/N smiled. She knew how much Dodger meant to him and she was hoping to help make his house a home with a picture of his favorite dog.

Chris looked up from the picture, with misty eyes. "I love it. Thank you," he leaned in and kissed her deeply. "This means so much."

A weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Y/N had been stressing out for weeks what to get him. She didn't want to get him something practical. She didn't want to go overboard either as it was their first real holiday together. She settled for something meaningful and seeing the happy tears in his eyes, she knew she nailed the gift exchange.

"I have something for you," Chris went back to this coat and pulled out a small box. "I hope you like it."

Y/N removed the red bow and opened up the black velvet jewelry box. She gasped as she saw a beautiful necklace with a heart and an infinity sign. "It's absolutely beautiful."

Chris got the necklace from her and unclasped the hook

Chris got the necklace from her and unclasped the hook. Y/N lifted her hair as Chris put on her new necklace. "I couldn't think of what to get you. My sister wanted to get something for Ma at the jewelry store and I came across this necklace. It's called the 'Infinite Love' necklace," Chris paused for a second. He cupped her cheek and looked deep into her eyes. "As soon as I saw the name, I knew I had to get it for you because," he took a deep breath. "I'm in love with you, Y/N and it's absolutely scary because I have never felt this way about any one. To the point, where I can't see myself loving anyone else but you. I know I will love you for infinity. Now, I know it's too soon. And, you don't have to say it ba-"

Y/N cupped his cheeks and pulled him in for a kiss. This kiss was a bit different than all the other ones. There was so much love and passion. It was if she was expressing how much she loved him because she did. She loved him wholeheartedly and unconditionally.

"I love you, Christopher Robert Evans," she whispered against his lips. "To infinity."