Ice Skating

Day 9 of Fic-Mas: Going Ice Skating

"Alright, I'm ready!" Y/N said excitedly after tying her skates. She stood up and balanced herself on her pink ice skates, making sure not to fall. She tightened her matching pink scarf around her neck.

Chris chuckled nervously as he still sat on the bench.  "I'm not gonna lie. It's been a while since I've done this. So, I might need some help," he winked at her.

"Do you want me to get you one of those skater aid trainers?" She pointed out to a little kid using one to help him skate and prevented him from falling over.

"Ha, ha, ha," Chris said dryly as he stood up too fast, tripping over his own feet Y/N caught him, helping him get his balance before falling down to the ground. "On second thought, maybe I should get one."

Y/N giggled and grabbed his hand. "Just hold on to me and I promise I won't let you fall."

"Ahh," he made a click sound with his tongue, "but I've already fallen for you."

"You're such a cheese ball," she smiled wide.

"Yeah," he smirked, "But only for you."

She kissed his cheek before walking slowly to the ice skating rink. Chris gripped her hand tight as he stepped on the frozen ice. Y/N got in front of him and held both his hands before skating backwards in order to help Chris skate forward. She tried her best not to giggle every time he wobbled.

"When was the last time you went ice skating?" She asked.

"Probably since I was a kid," he answered looking down at his own feet, which he had been doing since they got on the ice.

"Think of it as riding a bike. It comes back to you."

"Babe, this is nothing like riding a bike," he tightened his grip as his skate got stuck between some uneven ice. It was clear a lot of people had skated since the last time someone went around the rink in the ice resurfacer.

She laughed every time Chris whispered a curse word under his breath. But, as promised, she never let go of him. Chris was starting to get tired and slightly frustrated. He knew how much she loved ice skating and felt bad for holding her back.

"Babe, I'll stay against the railing by the edge and you go and have some fun," he said.

"Really? I don't mind being with you."

"I'll be fine. I promise," he reassured her. "Plus, I kind of want to see you do your thing."

She smiled wide and leaned in to kiss him. "Okay, I won't be too long."

"Take all the time you want," he smiled at her.

He held onto the railing as he watched her. She looked happy and content as she skated around the rink like a pro. She did a couple of laps, warming up before she started doing twirls and small jumps. Some kids were impressed by her as they skated by her. One little girl tried her best to spin like she did.

Chris never moved from his spot, causing people who also needed the railing to go around him. He apologized without taking his eyes off Y/N. He was in awe of her talent.

After she finished her last spin, she started skating towards Chris. He felt like he had the confidence to skate after watching her. He left go of the railing and started skating towards her.

"You can do it, baby!" She encouraged him as she saw him getting closer to her.

Chris smiled at himself as he went slow and steady away from the rail. He had his eyes on his feet and extended his hands out thinking it would help him stay balanced as he skated towards Y/N. He began to straighten out his back as his confidence grew with each stride. He was about to say something when a kid skated so quickly in front of him, scaring the crap out of Chris. He shouted a loud 'Oh shit!' - earning some glares from parents near by - as he lost his balance and fell on his butt.

"Oh my gosh!" Y/N quickly skated to Chris. "Baby, are you okay?" She asked as she quickly scanned him for any injuries.

"That's definitely gonna leave a bruise on my ass," he groaned.

"It's not broken, is it? Because I can't have the whole world hating me for breaking America's ass."

Chris chuckled before he shook his head, "I should really ice it though."

"Well, no need for you to get up. You're all set," she teased as he still stayed sitting down on the ice.

"You're just full of jokes today, aren't you?" He chuckled again.

She cupped his cheek and smiled at him, "but you still love me."

"Yes I do," he smiled back.

"Come on," she stood up and tried her best to help Chris get up and get him off the ice skating rink. "Let's go home and ice your butt. Who knows? Maybe I'll even give your little tushie a nice massage."

"Ooooo, yes! I would definitely like that as long as you don't call it a tushy," he said before he groaned when he sat down on a bench to remove his skates.

"No promises," she giggled. "Hey." Chris looked up at her. She kneeled down and helped him take off his skates. "I appreciate you doing this."

"Of course. I know how much you love ice skating. I'd do anything for you and to see you happy," he genuinely smiled at her.

"As long as I'm with you, I'll always be happy," she smiled before she leaned in to kiss him.