Wrapping Gifts

Day 19 of Fic-Mas: Wrapping Gifts Together

***

Chris was watching Tom Brady play against his hometown team, The Patriots. The sound of wheels caused him to look away from the screen and see Y/N rolling her little gift station into the kitchen. She parked it right next to the table. Although she always kept her gift station organized, she double checked she was stocked on everything.

On top she had her small pen holder, which has a couple of different color Sharpie permanent markers

On top she had her small pen holder, which has a couple of different color Sharpie permanent markers. She opened the first drawer and she had enough tape, double sided tape, and a new roll of packing tape. Next to all the tape was a pair of scissors and her exacto knife kit.

She opened the second drawer and saw she had more than enough gift tags and gift label stickers to choose from. On the side, hanging on a small rod were a variety of ribbions to create bows. Then, on the bottom two open cubbies, she had a variety of small and medium boxes. Lastly, 3 different Christmas wrapping paper rolls stood up behind all of that in their own chubby slot.

She pulled out her notebook where she had a list of the gifts she bought and who they were for. Before bringing out her gift storage cart, she had brought her big beach tote bag where she had stuffed all the presents so she wouldn't misplaced any of them by putting them everywhere around the house.

At this point, Chris was already standing in front of the table, scratching his head. "Honey, what are you doing? And what is that?"

This was their first Christmas living together and he had never see this before.

"It's my wrapping station! It helps me put everything in one place and I don't have to worry about having it everywhere around the house. Wanna wrap your gifts too?"

He shook his head. "I'm a bag kind of guy."

"That's such the lazy route!" She exclaimed.

"Exactly," he chuckled. "Easy peasy!"

"I can't believe I never figured that out whenever you gave me a gift," she giggled as she shook her head. "Come on, I'll help you. It's not that hard. Go grab one of your gifts.

Chris sat at the table across from Y/N with one of his gifts for his sister, Shanna. Y/N grabbed a gift for her mom. Y/N saw Chris got his sister an Apple Watch. Since it was already in a box, she asked which wrapping paper he wanted. He picked the shiny red with glitter white snowflakes roll. Y/N wrapped a small box to put in the bag that held a Pandora charm bracelet for her mom. She quickly secured the box with tape.

"See how the paper has dotted lines?" She pointed out as she rolled out the wrapping paper on the table. "It gives you an idea more else how much to cut and in a straight line."

She placed Chris' box on the paper and gave him a pair of scissors. He cut the paper and then Y/N did the same for her box. Chris followed as she wrapped, making sure he tried his best to mirror her actions. In the end, he did really well for his first time.

"See! You're a natural! It wasn't that hard," she leaned over the table to peck his lips. Chris gave her a cheeky smile, proud of himself.

"Now, let me show you how to add some ribbon and make a bow," she said, turning her cart to the side where the ribbon hung from the rods.

"No, no, no. One thing at a time. Next year I'll move up to ribbons and bows. For now, I think my family will be happy with just the wrapping," he chuckled.

"Fineeeee," she rolled her eyes.

"Unless, you do the bows and I'd be more than happy to pay you for all your hard work," he paused for a second before wiggling his eyes. "In the bedroom tonight."

She smirked at him. "Deal."

"For now, let's continue wrapping presents. I want to get better at this," he said as he got up to get more of the presents he bought from the other room.

"You're welcome to bring what you bought me!" She yelled as he walked away.

"Nice try!"

"Can't blame a girl for trying!" Y/N smiled as she heard Chris laughing in the room next door.