My Girl

Day 24 of Fic-Mas: First Christmas With The Family

A/N: Heard this version of the song on Grey's Anatomy and fell in love with it. I thought it would be perfect for today's post. Enjoy and Merry Christmas Eve y'all!

***
One Year Later

Y/N took a deep breath as she stood in front of Chris' childhood home. Chris could sense her nervousness. He interlaced his fingers with hers and leaned in to whisper against her ear. "It's going to be great. They're gonna love you."

Before she could respond the front door swung wide open. Lisa had a huge smile and hugged Y/N first, "I'm so happy to finally meet you. All Chris does is talk about you nonstop."

"Maaaa," Chris slightly whined in embarrassment.

Y/N giggled, "it's great to finally meet you as well."

Lisa welcomed them inside. She gave Y/N a quick tour of the house while Chris was with the guys. She was excited to see Chris' childhood home. She was slightly glad Chris wasn't with them as Lisa shared some funny and embarrassing stories of him.

When they finished the tour, Y/N was in the kitchen with Chris' sisters. They talked amongst each other. Y/N nerves were long gone. She didn't understand why she was nervous in the first place. She felt so comfortable and relaxed with his family.

From the living room, Chris saw Y/N laughing hard with his sisters and mom. His heart was filled that he had all this favorite women in one house.

Scott noticed the smile on Chris face and nudged him, "you really love her don't you?"

Chris chuckled lightly, "oh, Scotty boy, I'm head over heels about her."

"Alright! It's game time!" Chris dad announced, bringing everyone to the living room.

Everyone paired up with their significant other to play Heads Up. Y/N had heard from Chris how competitive his family was during game nights and boy was he right. She saw that first hand tonight but she loved every minute of it. They all laughed and yelled. It was probably the best game night she ever had in awhile.

Towards the end of the game, Stella walked up to Y/N with a Christmas book in her hand. She asked her if she could read it to her. Y/N couldn't help but smile widely. She sat on the floor in front of the couch, in between Chris' legs. Stella made herself comfortable on Y/N's lap before she grabbed Y/N's arm to secure her at the waist. Stella opened the book as Y/N began reading the book to her.

Once again, Chris' heart was ready to explode at the sight in front of him. He knew his family would love her as much as he does. However, seeing her tonight with his family gave him a glimpse of their future together and it was one he loved.

"You're gonna marry her, aren't you?" Lisa whispered, pulling Chris out of his thoughts. She noticed the pure love, awe, and adorable in his eyes as he watched Y/N interacted with his family the entire night. She had never seen that before with his past relationships. She knew her baby boy was in love.

"Yeah, ma," Chris smiled wide at his mom and slightly chuckled, "She's the one. She's my girl."