CJ's First Christmas

Chris and Y/N were sitting on the floor a few feet apart from each other. Chris held on to his son, CJ, by the waist as he tried to balance himself. Across from them was Y/N with her arms outstretched for CJ to grab.

Just a few minutes ago, while opening presents on Christmas morning, CJ took his first steps. The couple stopped opening presents and had their full attention on CJ trying to walk again. Chris had pushed aside the open gifts and torn wrapping paper while Y/N set up her phone on the ring light stand to record the joyous moment. All the quick commotion had Dodger excited.

Dodger stood next to CJ. Chris told Dodger to be gentle to CJ, hoping the overexcited pup wouldn't knock him down and possibly discourage the little guy from walking again. Dodger understood and stood close by his tiny favorite hooman.

Chris let go of his son's waist. CJ took a step forward. He stumbled for a second before regaining his balance and bringing his other foot in front of the other. Dodger took one step with him, walking slowly along with CJ, refusing to leave him behind. Slowly, CJ repeated the steps and made it the short distance to Y/N.

Y/N pulled him in for a hug as her and Chris cheered. CJ smiled big, showing a couple of front teeth, and clapped happily. His beautiful blue eyes sparkled with excitement.

"I can't believe it," tears welled up in Y/N's eyes. "Our boy's first Christmas and he walked for the first time!"

"It's truly the best gift he could have given us," Chris pulled her in for a hug, kissing CJ on the cheek. "I don't know how he's gonna top it next year," he chuckled.

"Come on, let's take a picture together in front of the Christmas tree," Y/N said as she handed CJ over to Chris.

Y/N moved and set up the ring light in front of the Christmas tree. She zoomed in the camera to get a closer picture of them. She saw Chris sit on the floor with CJ on his lap. Since their first Christmas living together, Chris and Y/N have always worn matching Christmas pajamas. Together, they wanted to continue the tradition with their son, Chris Evans Jr, on his first Christmas.

Chris came home one day with Mickey Mouse pajama pants for the three of them. The big kid in him was too excited when he saw them at the store. Y/N thought they were perfect and cute as she also loves everything and anything Disney like Chris. Y/N ordered their red long sleeve pajamas top on Etsy to match with their pants. Chris' pajama top said 'Daddy'. Y/N's said 'Mommy', and their son's said 'CJ', all with Mickey Mouse ears above their names.

Y/N's heart burst with joy when she saw Chris pepper CJ's face with kisses, causing CJ to giggle non-stop. The sound of his adorable, little laugh was infectious. Chris couldn't help but laugh with his son.

"CJ, I want you to say yes to things. Take chances," Chris spoke as he began playing with CJ's little chubby fingers. "Don't be afraid to be vulnerable."

Y/N placed her hand above her heart, touched to witness Chris giving his son some great life advice. Although CJ didn't understand a word Chris was saying, Y/N was hoping this would be a new tradition just for the two of them. Little did she know, Chris was planning on reminding his son and the rest of his future kids his advice as much possible. It was very important to him that his kids grew up with morals and to grab life by the horns.

"Be kind even if it's undeserved," Chris continued. "And, don't take yourself too seriously. Lastly, fuck social media!"

"Chris! Don't say that word in front of him!" Y/N scolded him. "That's 20 dollars in the swear jar."

"What? Since when did CJ get a swear jar?" Chris asked.

"Today. Thanks to you," she shook her head, trying her best not to smile but failed miserably. She set up the timer for 10 seconds and rushed to sit next to Chris, who wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Dodger laid down in front of them  Y/N gently tickled CJ, in hopes he would be giggling/smiling when the camera took the photo.

By some miracle, they got the perfect photo on the first try. A few hours later, the couple shared their family photo on social media, wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas from the Evans Family.