I Got The Boy

Note: This was inspired by Jana Kramer's song, "I Got the Boy." Some of her lyrics are used in this one shot - which I recycled from a previous one shot I wrote for another fandom. Those lyrics belong to Jana Kramer. I do NOT own them.

Lastly, RIP to Single Chris Evans 😭💔😭

***

In a small local coffee shop just outside of Boston, Y/N paid the young cashier for the two cups of coffee she ordered. She walked back with a cup in each hand.

It's been ten years since Y/N left Boston. After a terrible breakup, she wanted a fresh start, something different and exciting, and to leave Boston for good. She moved across the country for college and graduated with a business degree. She started at the bottom at a high corporate job and made her way up, until she left and started her own business. Now, that business has become a multi-billion corporation. It's what she wanted. It's what she's always dreamed of. More importantly, it was something that made her forget everything about Boston.

Unfortunately, she's back home on business.

"Here you go, Jana." Y/N handed her assistant one of the warm cups of coffee. She sat down in the chair across from Jana and blew into the hot cup of coffee before taking a sip.

"You know, I'm the one that's supposed to be getting your drinks," Jana said.

"True, but I can get my own coffee. Plus, it feels weird. We've worked for me for 10 years. You've also become a friend more than an assistant. Plus, you know I can't stay organized to save my life. I rather you handle my schedule, emails, phone calls... that sort of thing," Y/N said.

"That's true. What would you do without me?" Jana laughed.

Y/N smiled as she pulled out her phone and opened the shared calendar that is synced with Jana's phone. "What's on the schedule for today?"

"You have a morning meeting with Mr. Harrison in about an hour. It shouldn't take more than an hour. Afterwards, I'll have your lunch ready in the car as we make our way across town to ASP's main office for a conference meeting with Mr.-"

Jana's voice faded as an alert popped up on Y/N's phone.

"BREAKING NEWS: Chris Evans Marries Alba Baptista in Cape Cod Wedding!"

Y/N zoned out and ignored Jana as soon as she saw a wedding photo of the newly wedded couple. Y/N's eyes fell on the man in the fitted black tux. He was a very handsome man with soft peppered brown hair combed back and nicely done. His bright beautiful ocean blue eyes beamed with happiness and his smile spread across his entire face, as his arms wrapped around the bride's waist; his wedding band in full display. She hardly recognized the boy she once knew. It seemed like another world in a different time.

Her eyes traveled to the woman the man was looking at. The bride's beautiful white modified A-Line dress was tightly wrapped around her torso, showing off her curves. Over the left shoulder was a strap with a few feathers, which added an elegant taste to the dress, with a crystal beaded train. The top half of her hair was tied back with a pretty braid as her hair hung loose in long waves. She was absolutely breathtaking.

The bride and groom looked at each other with so much kindness, tenderness, love, and adoration as they locked eyes. Y/N knew exactly who the newlywed couple was, but it had been ten years since she last saw them.

Y/N's thumb hovered over the link. Her heart was thundering against her chest. She hadn't heard from him, asked about him, or checked up on him. She had no clue what was happening in his life. But, she was tempted to know all the details about his wedding.