The One With Chandler and Monica's Proposal

Author's Note: I'm still on my FRIENDS rewatching binge and I regret nothing. Enjoy!

Also, on a completely different note, I read "One to Watch" by Kate Stayman-London and guess who makes a small cameo in the book? That's right. CHRIS EVANS! I was excited to see that and decided to share in case y'all were interested in reading it.  He's towards the beginning and ending of the book.

***

"Where have you been?!" Scott asked frantically as his big brother, Chris walked through the front door of his house.

Chris's smile faltered when he noticed the scared and worried look on his little brother's face. His heart dropped to his stomach, immediately thinking the worst. As if he read his mind, Scott spoke before Chris was about to ask what's wrong.

"She left."

"What do you mean she left?!" Chris asked immediately.

"She came home crying. She didn't understand how you suddenly changed your mind about never wanting to get married or have kids anymore. She felt like maybe she was wasting her time because she wants all of that," Scott rushed out.

"Oh, my god! Did you tell her it was all lies? To throw her off when I do propose?!" Chris's voice raised.

"Yes! I did! But she still packed her things and left-"

"What do you mean-" Chris bolted to his bedroom before finishing his question.

His heart had dropped to his stomach. Just moments before walking through the front door, Chris couldn't stop smiling as tonight was the night he would get down on one knee and ask his best friend to marry him. He had everything planned. He bought the diamond ring after a couple of months of dating. He knew very early on Y/N was the one for him.

Eventually, she told him she wanted to get married and have kids someday. Y/N was relieved to find out they were both on the same page. Until earlier this week. Chris admitted he's happy with how things are. He didn't want a piece of paper to prove their love. Nor did he want kids all of a sudden as they would be very time consuming and possibly prevent them from the things they would like to do without worrying about kids.

However, she had no idea his lies were a part of his plan. If he had known it would make her leave, he would have never done it in the first place.

He swung the bedroom door open, ready to march in and see if she did indeed packed her stuff and left. Instead, he came to a halt when he saw her standing in their dim lit bedroom. Hundreds of candles filled up the room. Rose petals were spread on their bed. He turned around to see Scott with a huge grin. He closed the door to give them privacy.

Chris turned back to look at Y/N. She looked beautiful. The soft glow from the candles featured every bone, line, and curve of her face. He wanted to cup her face and trail his fingers along the beautiful features, appreciating everything about her.

"Oh, my god," Chris whispered as Y/N got down on one knee with a smile on her face.

"Chris, in all my life, I never thought I would be so lucky." Her eyes began to water and she felt her throat tighten a bit, but she pushed through it and continued, "As to fall in love" - tears started falling down her cheeks, - "with my best..." she cleared her throat as it became harder to speak. "My best," her voice cracked. "There's a reason why girls don't do this!"

Chris chuckled. "Okay," he crossed the room and got down on one knee in front of her. He grabbed her hands. "It's okay. I'll do it. I thought....." he trailed as his eyes began to well up with more tears. "Wait a minute, I can do this."

She chuckled at him as he finally realized it's harder than he thought it would be. She cupped his cheek and traced her thumb along his cheek, encouraging him to continue.

"I had this grand proposal planned. I even lied to you about what I wanted for our future to throw you off from suspecting anything. However, I thought that it mattered what I said or where I said it. Then, I realized the only thing that matters is that you make me happier than I ever thought I could be."

Chris paused to gather himself. Y/N sniffled as his words meant so much to her.

"And if you'll let me, I'll spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way." Chris pulled out a small ring box from his pocket. He opened it to reveal a beautiful ring.

More tears fell down Y/N's face as the moment she had been waiting for since she first met him was finally here. Seeing the beautiful engagement ring in front of her, with Chris on one knee and asking to spend the rest of their lives together was something she always dreamed of. She was happy. Overjoyed with so many emotions.

"Y/N, will you marry me?" She nodded. Chris smiled as he slipped the ring on her left wedding finger. She leaned in, Chris immediately wrapped his arms around her and kissed her tenderly. Their kiss was soft and passionate, filled with so much love, but it was different from all the other kisses. This was their first kiss as an engaged couple and they couldn't wait to start this new chapter together.

"Yes," she chuckled when she pulled back from his lips. She buried her face at the crook of his neck. She hugged him tighter. "A thousand times yes."

"Can I come in now?!?! I'm dying out here!!!" Scott screamed from the other side of the bedroom door.

Chris and Y/N laughed as they unraveled from their embrace and stood up.

"Come in!" Y/N yelled and not a half a second later Scott opened the door wide open. He had tears of joy in his eyes.

"We're engaged!" Chris chuckled as he wiped the tears from his cheeks.

"Yeah you are!" Scott yelled in excitement before he rushed to give them a tight hug.