An Unexpected Surprise

Warning: Unplanned pregnancy, fluff!!!!

Author's Note: This wasn't a request but it was definitely inspired by one of the books I recently read. I knew it would make a great Chris Evans imagine. I hope y'all enjoy it.

***

Y/N sat on the toilet and stared at the wall in front of her as she waited for the timer on her phone to go off in a couple of minutes. She couldn't believe this was happening.

Just six months ago, she said 'I do' to the love of her life. It was the easiest decision she ever made. She knew when she met Chris three years prior that she would be spending the rest of her life in this crazy ass world with him. As long as she had him by her side, she knew she would be more than okay.

Today felt otherwise.

It was no secret Chris wanted to be a father someday and Y/N couldn't wait to give him what he wanted most. He couldn't picture anyone else to have a beautiful family with and that made Y/N feel lucky - hell, even special. He could have had anyone, but he wanted her. He chose her. He needed her. He loved her.

Although kids we're definitely in their future, this wasn't planned. It was way too soon. Y/N wasn't ready to be a mom yet. She had plans to spend being husband and wife a little bit longer.

She jumped as her phone vibrated on top of the sink counter. She stood up and turned off the timer. She took a deep breath before picking up the pregnancy test. Her eyes welled up with tears.

Positive.

"Honey," there was a brief knock before Chris walked into the master bathroom. "Have you seen-"

Chris froze in place when he saw his wife standing in front of the mirror with tears in her eyes and a pregnancy test in her hand. He closed the short distance between them in a couple of strides. He stood in front of her, unsure exactly why she was crying, but a part of him believed it was because the test said negative.

"It's okay, baby," he grabbed the stick without looking at it and wrapped his other arm around her. He pulled her to his chest and kissed her forehead. "These things take time. It doesn't happen immediately. We can keep tryin-" Chris stopped when he finally saw the positive pregnancy test.

"Holy shit! Baby! We're having a baby!" He cheered. He put the test down and hugged his wife hard. He cupped her, ready to kiss her with so much passion. The joy he was experiencing immediately evaporated, almost as quick a punch to the stomach.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked softly.

"Chris..." she sniffled. "This isn't what I wanted."

Chris' heart sank and fear crawled into every inch of his body. He was so sure it was what she wanted too. He loved her so much. The women he had been with in the past didn't even come remotely close to her. But, kids were definitely planned to be in his future. As much as he loves Y/N, he would never force her into something she didn't want. And as much as he hates himself for even thinking about this, he would have let her go if he had known she didn't want kids after all. He wouldn't stay to try and make it work. One would have to compromise and there would be resentment for the rest of their relationship.

"And now I feel stupid for thinking so selfishly," Y/N sniffled again as she fiddled with his shirt. She looked up to see Chris furrowing his eyebrows together, completely confused and lost. Y/N continued, "I just wanted to be the center of your attention for a little bit longer. I had so many plans for us to enjoy as husband and wife, and now...." She chuckled to herself. "I'm so stupid for actually being jealous of our baby already and it's not even here yet."

"Oh, honey," Chris wrapped his arms tighter around her. "Yes it will be crazy and wild and absolutely exhausting regardless how many kids we have, but that's not gonna take away my love or attention I have for you. I will always love you and I love you even more that I can officially say that you are the mother of my children," he kissed her softly. He rested his forehead against hers and looked deep in her eyes. "I made a promise to you when we got married. So I'm gonna extend that promise," he cupped her cheek and looked at her with so much awe yet reassurance with his next words. "I promise we'll have a date night once a week, just us two. No kids. At the beginning it can be as simple as a movie and dinner, a day of hiking or shopping; hell, we'll even book a room for the day, stay in sweats, the hotel robes, or just walk around in our birthday suits," he wiggled his eyebrows, earning a giggle from Y/N. "And enjoy the peace and quiet together.

"And, I promise, we will have nice and formal dates too. We'll go to a fancy restaurant where you'll wear something so incredible that'll I'll be sitting throughout dinner in agony knowing I should have taken it off you and never left the bedroom in the first place. But also, when the kids get a bit older, and aren't toddlers anymore, we'll do weekend getaways and they'll stay with my family. They'll have cousins to have fun sleepovers with.

"I promise to make you happy the rest of my life and I intend on fulfilling that promise," he kissed her again, this time with so much passion and desire.

Y/N sunk into the kiss, fisting his shirt in her hand. She knew she was lucky but he continued to surprise her every single day with how much he truly and deeply loved her.

"I love you," he whispered against her lips.

She smiled. "I love you too... daddy. You're gonna be called daddy from here on out. We don't plan on calling you anything else," she grabbed his hand and placed it on top of her stomach, speaking on behalf of their unborn child.

She wasn't anywhere near showing, but the second their hands rested together on top of her stomach, they knew how real this moment was.

Chris chuckled with tears in his eyes. "I'm perfectly okay with that."