Christmas Tree Picking

Day 1 of Fic-Mas: Pick a tree together

***

"Babe!" Y/N called out as she had all the Black Friday ads on the kitchen table. Y/N looked up from the Michael's ad as Chris walked into the kitchen.

"What's up, honey?" He kissed the top of her head before he sat down in the chair next to her.

"Michael's Christmas trees are 50% off. Let's pick one out together so I can order for curb side pick up," she handed him the ad.

Chris' eyebrows furrowed together and shook his head. "I'm sorry. Did you just say we're picking out an artificial tree?"

"Umm, yes," she hesitated. It took her a second to realize they had two different Christmas traditions. "I'm sorry. My family and I always had a silver tree. It never crossed my mind that you-"

"Go out to the woods, chop down a tree, and tie it on the roof of my car?" His lips slowly formed a small smirk.

"I'm sorry," she groaned and buried her face in her hands. "Is that a thing in Boston? I know I've been here for a few months now, but I'm still figuring out my way with this city."

Chris pulled her chair closer to him, immediately wrapping his arms around her, his hand rubbing the small of her back. "Honey, it's okay. It's our first Christmas together. We're gonna find out how different our traditions are, but it's important to compromise and make our own traditions. Together."

Y/N pulled away to look at him, her lips slowly forming a smile. "I like the sound of that."

"Perfect. Dress warm and wear some boots. The hiking type. Not those sexy black pair that drive me crazy and has us in bed with your boots on. We're going to pick a tree together."

"Okay, but can I wear those black ones when we get home afterwards?" She hooked his gold chain with her index finger and pulled him in close.

"Hell yeah," he smirked before kissing her.

As told, Y/N got dressed and met Chris in the garage who was loading up the rope and an electric saw in his car. The drive to Allandele Farm was fun. Chris and Y/N jammed out to Christmas music. They sang at the top of their lungs to the jolly, cheerful music.

When they arrived, Chris pulled up into an empty parking space and turned off the car. "Ready, honey?"

"Yup," she smiled as she saw a light coat of snow covering the farm.

Chris had the electric saw in one hand and held Y/N's hand as he led the way. She held on to him tight, afraid her clumsy self would trip over her own two feet, let alone any holes on the ground or thin ice.

Having never been in a Christmas tree farm before, Y/N enjoyed the beautiful green scenery around her. Although the beautiful red, orange, and brown leaves were long gone, different shades of green filled the farm. It smelled like pine with fresh snow. All Y/N needed as a cup of hot chocolate and she would be at peace.

"Alright, honey, let's take a look around and pick one," Chris said as they finally reached the trees.

"Do you like tall or short?" Y/N asked.

"Really? You're asking a 6 foot strong man if I want a short tree?"

"Hey!" She jabbed his chest. "Us shorties need some loving too, ya know."

He chuckled and pulled her in to kiss her. They walked around for a bit. Y/N wandered off without Chris and came across a beautiful and full 10 foot tree. Although they clearly had different Christmas tree traditions, her eyes lit up as she envisioned the white lights and ornaments on the tree, sitting right in front of the living room window.

"She's perfect," Y/N said as Chris stood next to her.

He turned to look at her and smiled, "yeah, she is."

***

Author's Note: Hey y'all. It's been a while since I've updated. Haven't really been in the mood to write but I came across a 25 Days of Fic-mas prompt list and I thought it was cute. I'm gonna try my best to keep up with it. No promises I'll get a new one up everyday for the next 25 days.

But, let me know what you think. Like or just leave a comment. That stuff helps and motivate me to keep writing for y'all.