Let Go of My Heart - Part 2 (Feat. Travis Kelce)

Author's Note: Some of y'all requested a part 2. It's probably not what you might have wanted. I'm in my Travis Kelce era! So, spoiler alert!! Chris still doesn't get the happy ending in this imagine.

Warning: Heart break and fluff.

***

7 months later

Y/N took a deep breath as she saw the headline. Just minutes ago, news broke that Chris Evans married Alba Baptista in Cape Cod. If someone were to ask how Y/N was feeling, she wouldn't be able to give them an answer. She was so confused. She had no idea Chris was seeing someone when he was begging her to come back to him seven months ago.

There was a soft knock on the door that startled Y/N out of her overwhelming thoughts. She put her phone down on the coffee table and walked to the door. She peeked through the peephole and saw a very tall and handsome man with a bouquet of her favorite flowers. She smiled softly as she opened her apartment door.

Standing at 6'5 and weighing around 250 pounds, the handsome man was dressed in black joggers and a red Chiefs hoodie. Y/N tried so hard not to drool as he wore a baseball cap backwards, covering his buzzed haircut. Underneath his mustache - which she's always teased him about by calling it a pornstache - was his cute smile as his bright blue eyes locked with hers.

It was none other than Travis Kelce, Y/N's boyfriend of five months. She found it hilarious that she met him on an online dating app. Clearly, he loved and looked up to his big brother so much that he decided to take a chance with online dating with the hopes of finding love like Jason did with Kylie.

Y/N spent two months going on horrible dates with guys who were either a waste of her time or simply wasn't feeling it for whatever reason. But, the moment she met Travis on their first date, it was the first time her heart had stopped since she dated Chris.

"Travis, I can't believe you're here. What are you doing here?! You should be at your hotel room, resting for your game tomorrow." Y/N said knowing Travis was in town for the game tomorrow against the Patriots.

"I had to come see you." Travis crouched down as he walked into Y/N's apartment and gave her the flowers.

"Aww, honey, thank you for these," Y/N said before locking the door behind her. When she turned around to face him, he cupped her cheek before he leaned down to kiss her deeply. Y/N grabbed a fist full of his hoodie, sinking into the kiss. She pulled back a bit, releasing a consent sigh against his lips.

His thumb brushed along her cheek bone and looked deep into her eyes. "I'm gonna be honest with you and I'd hope you do the same for me."

"Okay..." she trailed, on guard.

"I saw the news about your ex and I don't know..." he shrugged. "I know you're over him, but I also know how in love you two were. I wouldn't be surprised if this somewhat affects you. Hell, baby, I think I would be if I was in your position. So, I wanted to come by and check on you."

Y/N was in awe. A month into their dating and on their first sleepover, they spent all night talking about their past relationships. The good and the bad, and the lessons learned. Y/N was honest with Travis. She admitted she never knew what love was until she met Chris. She believed she was going to marry him one day. She couldn't imagine spending the rest of her life with anyone else. That was until he chose himself and his career over a future together. Yet, here was Travis, completely confident and secure with himself and his relationship with Y/N, that he genuinely cared about her wellbeing.

"Travis, I love you," she admitted. Her lips formed a smile as she was the first to drop the L bomb.

Travis' face lit up, his smile wide. "Say it again," he whispered against her lips.