Mi Amor

Author's Note: I low-key made the reader Latina, because as a Latina myself, why the hell not? haha. Also, because I saw a HILARIOUS Chris Evans interview and he said Mi Amor. I attached the video to this chapter if y'all want to see it. Happy Reading!

P.S. On an unrelated note, is anyone going to see To All The Boys I've Loved Before: Forever and Always, Lara Jean tomorrow?! I'M NOT READY!!!!

***

"Dinner was amazing," Chris smiled as he took the last bit of the pasta Y/N cooked tonight.

Chris and Y/N met their freshman year in high school. They started off as friends, but slowly grew into something more. 20 years later and they couldn't be more happy with how their lives turned out. Granted, it wasn't an easy one, but what relationship - let alone a marriage - is ever easy?

"I'm glad you enjoyed it because now I want to get to my favorite part of the night," she got up and sat in his lap.

"Oh, honey, can we at least wait a few minutes for the food to go down?" He joked. She playfully smacked his chest. "I'm kidding," Chris said as he pulled out a small jewelry box he had in his pocket. "For my beautiful wife."

Y/N's lips formed a huge smile. Before she took the box, she cupped his cheek, ignoring his beard tickling her palm, and kissed him. "You know I love you, but-"

"I love presents more," Chris said at the same time Y/N finished her sentence. He chuckled. "I hope you like it, baby."

She opened the jewelry box to see a beautiful necklace. There were four first Initials with different birthstones, each one representing one of their children, and a dog paw at the end. Dodger had to be included, obviously.

Her eyes were filled with tears. "Baby, I love it."

Chris leaned in to kiss her with so much passion and love. He was forever grateful the love of his life had given him his biggest dream, being a father.

"What happens if we have another kid?" She asked. "We can't leave him or her out."

"I'm one step ahead of you," Chris said. "I made sure to get a necklace where you can add more letters if you like."

Y/N smiled at him, appreciating he had clearly thought it out as they still wanted a couple more kids. She got up and opened one of the drawers from the kitchen and pulled out a small rectangular gift. She walked back and sat on his lap before she gave him the present.

He immediately unwrapped the gift like a child on Christmas morning. He turned the book around to see the cover. As soon as he saw the title of the book, his mind went back to their freshman year in high school.

15 year-old Chris was walking down the hallway with his Walkman, trying his best not to sing out along to Bon Jovi's new song. He ignored all the couples in front of their lockers with their giant teddy bears and boxes of chocolates.

He opened his locker and saw a present. It was wrapped in red wrapping paper with a white bow. He furrowed his eyebrows together wondering who the gift could be from as no one had his locker combination code.

With her long dark hair in natural big waves, Y/N twirled the end of one strand with her index finger as she walked towards her best friend. Like Chris, she too had her Walkman on but was humming to Selena's "Como La Flor". Her lips formed a smile as she watched him wrapped the gift.

Chris was speechless as he held a copy of Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse.

"Do you like it?" She asked.

"Wait, this is from you?" He asked, surprised.

She nodded. "I remember you telling me you were looking for something new to read and then I remember you wanted to know different types of religion. So, this book is about a guy who goes through a spiritual journey of self-discovery during the time of the Gautama Buddha. I think you'll like it."

Chris was very surprised. He wasn't surprised that Y/N listened to him during their conversations, but he was surprised she went out of her way to give him such a meaningful and thoughtful gift.

"Nobody's ever sent me a Valentine's before," he said.

Y/N pulled on her backpack straps and gave him a huge smile. She leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Glad I'm the first."

She walked away as the first bell rang. Chris fought the smile on his lips as he watched her walk away. He wished he had kissed her. He knew right then and there, he was in love with her.

"Honey?" Y/N asked, pulling Chris out of his memory.

"This book changed my life. It not only taught me so much, but it gave me you too," he said. He looked at her with so much adoration and love. He was truly lucky to not only be in love with his best friend and high school sweetheart, but with someone who truly loved him unconditionally. He leaned in and kissed her. It started off sweet and soft, before it turned into a passionate kiss. Y.N wrapped her arms around his neck as butterflies fluttered in her stomach.

Chris rested his forehead against hers. "Te amo, mi amor."

She smiled at him, "con todo mi corazón."