Christmas Movie Marathon

Day 22 of Fic-Mas: Watching Christmas Movies All Day

"Let's see if your dad is still asleep," Y/N opened the door after taking Dodger's leash off his collar. Dodger strutted into the home, too tired after his morning run to look for Chris.

Y/N stomped her feet on the door mat, trying to take off as much of the snow as she could have. She closed the door behind her and was greeted with the smell of chocolate. Y/N quickly took off her coat and boots. She patted Dodger's head as she walked by him laying on the sofa and made her way to the kitchen.

Chris moved his hips and sang along as Alexa was playing Christmas music in the kitchen. Y/N couldn't help but smile as she saw how much fun he was having. His hair was wet and sticking out in every direction. He had on a new pair of joggers on and was wearing his favorite Christmas pullover sweatshirt, A Christmas Story.

Chris jumped up and spun around, now facing Y/N when he landed. His lips widened as he danced his way towards her. He grabbed her hand and twirled her before pulling her in and wrapped his arms around her. "Hello, my love," he kissed her sweetly. "I didn't hear you come in."

"How could you? You were having your own dance party," she giggled as Chris began to sway them both back and forth.

"How was your run?" He asked as he grazed his nose with hers.

"Good. I could have gone a couple of more miles, but Dodger got tired. So, we came home," she gave him a soft kiss.

Chris chuckled, "life of a runner, uh?"

"You know it," she smirked at him.

"Well, go take a nice warm shower and put on your favorite comfy clothes because we're spending this day watching Christmas movies!" He shouted with glee. "We'll start with my favorite, A Christmas Story, and then, we'll watch yours next. We'll also be watching The Grinch, Charlie Brown, Santa Clause. Oh!" He said a little too loudly like he almost forgot to mention. "I'm making us hot chocolate. Those will be ready by the time you get out of the shower and I'm also bringing the tin can of 3 popcorn flavors your boss gave you."

Y/N smiled wide. "Sounds perfect! Meet you in the bedroom in 10 minutes."

As promised, within 10 minutes Y/N took a quick shower, dressed in her favorite yoga pants and wore one of Chris' hoodies. When she left the bathroom, Chris was already in their king size bed with Dodger on his lap. Two cups of hot chocolate were cooling off on their nightstand.

Chris padded the space next to him, signaling her to sit next to him. Y/N chuckled and shook her head, "he took my spot."

Chris chuckled as he ran his fingers to fur. "Sorry, baby, he beat you to it."

"I guess I'll have to settle for laying next to you," she crawled into bed and leaned against the headboard. She interlaced her fingers with his as Chris started A Christmas Story.

Y/N looked down at Dodger who was looking at Chris with so much love and adoration. It melted her heart. She tugged on Chris's fingers and said, "I love the way he looks at you."

Chris looked down and his lips formed a huge smile. "Aww, bubba," Chris' free hand ran down his fur. "I love you too."

"I need to find someone who looks at me the way Dodger looks at you," she joked.

"Hey!" Chris sounded hurt. "I look at you like you hung the moon, the sun, and all the stars."

Y/N giggled and leaned in to kiss him. "I know you do and I melt every time you look at me. But know the feeling is mutual," she looked deep in his blue eyes.

Chris leaned in and kissed her with such passion, loving her soft lips against his. He sunk down, bringing her with him and wrapped his arms around her. She snuggled against him as the three of them watched Christmas movies in bed and in front of the fireplace all day, completely content and happy with their lives.