Home

The cold air hit Chris' face the second he opened the car door. He thanked his Lyft driver before he grabbed his duffle bag and walked towards his childhood house. Nothing about it has changed and it warmed his heart knowing he was finally home.

He fished out for his keys in the pocket of his coat and quietly unlocked the door, trying and hoping no one in the house heard him. He had just finished filming his last scene on Avengers: End Game and he was exhausted, physically, emotionally, and mentally. He knew this day was coming, yet he still wasn't prepared to say to goodbye to everyone and the suit he loved over the years. He was ready to come home and spend some much needed time with his family. Except, they didn't know. He lied and told him he would finish filming the day after to tomorrow to surprise them. He couldn't wait to see the look on their faces. He was excited, like a kid on Christmas morning.

He slowly closed the front door behind him. He noticed all the lights in the house were off, except he heard a tv from one of the rooms upstairs.

Is everyone asleep already? Chris thought to himself as he took off his shoes and coat by the front door. It's not even 10 yet.

Chris quietly walked up the stairs. He avoided the steps that would squeak so he wouldn't get caught. When he reached the top of the stairs, he noticed his old bedroom door was open and the tv he heard a few seconds ago was coming from his room. He walked over and peeked through the open door. His heart melted at the sight in front of him.

He slowly pushed his bedroom door open to get a better look at his niece and nephews curled up and cuddling with Y/N underneath the comforter. Robin Hood was playing in the flat screen tv that hung up on one of the walls.

"One of my favorites," he whispered with a smile.

Then, something happened that he had never experienced before as his eyes landed back at Y/N. He envisioned a future with her and their future kids curled up in bed watching Disney movies together.

He had been best friends with Y/N for so long. Chris' family knew one day they would finally come to their senses and be together. Chris' fans loved Y/N and hoped the two of them would finally be together, and paparazzi always took photos of them together, which sparked rumors they were dating.

Chris has always loved Y/N, but it was in this moment that he realized he was in love with her. She was not only caring, beautiful, funny, and sweet. She also got along with his family. His parents loved her like a daughter. Chris' siblings had always referred Y/N as their sister from another mister. Plus, his sisters loved and trusted her so much to watch their kids, which is exactly what was happening right now.

He couldn't wait to see his family once they got home, but he was looking forward to spending more time with Y/N first thing tomorrow.

"Hey," Chris snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Y/N whisper. "You're home," she gave him a sleepy smile.

"Shh," he smiled. "Don't wake up the kids. Go back to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"Promise?" She asked.

He slowly and carefully joined them in his bed. He extended his arm over his nephew and rested on Y/N's hip. He looked at her in the eyes as how spoke, "I'm not going anywhere," he promised, knowing he would be there for her for the rest of their lives.