Dodger's Gingerbread House

Day 4 of Fic-Mas: Decorating a Gingerbread House

"Honey, will you relax?" Chris wrapped his arms around Y/N once he saw her struggling opening candy bags.

Y/N groaned, trying to free her arms. She doesn't know why she bothers to try to escape his hold when his strength was never a match against hers, but she needed her arms. "Chris, let go. I need to get things ready before your nephews and niece come over."

Chris didn't listen to her. Instead, he turned her around to face him."Why are you so worried?"

She sighed as she wrapped her arms loosely around his neck. "I know how much you love them. More importantly, I know how much they look up to you. I just want them to like me too."

"They're gonna love you," he reassured her. "I mean things went well when you met my sisters and brother with their significant others last week."

"Kids are more judgemental than adults and aren't afraid to tell the truth."

Chris chuckled and pecked her lips as the doorbell rang. "It's gonna be great," he grabbed her hand and led her to the front door.

"Uncle Chris!" Chris was immediately tackled by three kids when he opened the door.

Chris let out a loud laugh. "Dodger! Help!" Dodger barked as he ran across the house and playfully joined in on the fun.

"Are you sure you guys are okay watching the kids while I do some shopping?" Chris' sister asked.

"Of course! We're more than happy to do it. Go on, we'll be fine," Y/N reassured her and waved goodbye as Chris' sister walked back to her car. "I think," Y.N mumbled to herself as she closed the door behind her.

"Alright, guys, I want you guys to meet someone," Chris said as the kids finally stopped tackling their uncle. "This is Y/N."

"Hi, guys!"

"Is she your girlfriend?" Ethan asked.

"Yes, she is," Chris answered.

"Do you love her?" Miles asked.

"As much as I love you guys," he answered.

"How much?" Stella asked as she opened her arms as wide as she could. "This much?"

Chris chuckled. "Yes, I love you guys and Y/N that much," he extended his arms out before bringing the kids in for a big hug.. "Y/N has a surprise for you!"

All three kids immediately looked at Y/N with exciting looks on their cute faces.

"We're gonna build a gingerbread house!" The kids screamed with excitement and ran to the kitchen.

Over the next couple of hours, the kids put a gingerbread house together. Miles and Ethan took turns holding different pieces of the house up as Stella "glued" the pieces together with the icing. She politely declined Chris' help and preferred Y/N to help. She was touched when Stella called her Auntie Y/N. While they worked on that, Chris took some photos and videos. He couldn't help the big smile on his face to see them together. He knew the kids would love her and they would all easily get along. He couldn't wait to see how it would be in the future when Y/N and Chris had kids of their own

Chris finished what he stopped Y/N from doing moments before the kids arrived. He filled up bowls with different candies and brought them out when the kids were ready to decorate their gingerbread house. Chris and Miles kept eating the candy instead of putting them on the house.

When they finally finished the house, Y/N told the kids and Chris to wait a second before taking it apart to eat it. She pulled out her phone and said, "1... 2....3! Smile!"

Y/N captured a picture of Ethan laughing, Miles yelling, Chris too late to grab a leaping Dodger, and Stella crying because Dodger ruined her candy castle. Chris posted the photo on Instagram with the caption, "Well, that escalated quickly."